shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: designer question-naming files

designer question-naming files

Why can't designers include their name with their files?? I've got several LOs I'd love to post, but unfortunately, when I first started digiscrapping (before I knew better), I resorted all my goodies into individual folders such as ribbons, fibers, etc, etc. So now when I'd like to post the LOs and credit designers I'm having a hard time creating the credit list. Of course that's not a problem with newer kits cuz I renamed the items (which is a pita too).

But I swear, if I download one more kit where the alpha is named simply a.png, b.png, I'm gonna cyber-scream. Ah well, I've recreated some of the credits. If you see something on one of my LOs I've missed and know the designer let me know & I'll go back and redo the credit list. And if you're one of the designers, my sincerest apologies--I've already done the twenty-lashes-with-a-wet-noodle thingy...
    Liz Pike

Blog updated Thursday October 19

2. yes, I agree... We should (i'm guilty too!) put the kit name and our name in the file... that way you have both at all times :) - so duly noted :)

Honestly I know I should, but it adds just that much more time to making a kit. Then of course you have to go back and change so many kits and if they are already submitted to a site you feel like they should all match. Like my excuses? No ok I had already started naming my pieces with my name in my newest kit after a customer requested it.

Well when i download other designers stuff I put them in their own folder with their designer name on it.. all the other stuff that was shared to me and have no full name I just use whats on the filename otherwise if there is nothing - like swirlybrush - and I dont know where it came from I put unknown. If anyone was really annoyed for me not putting their name in the credits they only have to let me know. Im not a designer yet but want to be... I have always put my nickname on the file... this was a lesson learned as a tag maker.
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

5. I do!!

Its actually the first thing ON my file!

Sometimes, I admit, when the file is long I use WN. But 9 out of 10 times, its "WendyNelson_KitName_Papers1.jpg"

I had applied over at Gotta Pixel and that's what they had me doing there when I submitted things. So because of their structured teaching, that's what I do now!

It is really helpful doing that, it keeps everything together should the files get moved around!!

I do wish more designers did do this though!
    Wendy
    ~The Name Behind Neverland Scraps~

6. I have a TOU that I include, but sorry, I don't put my name on it :(

7. I always put my name on mine. They end up looking like this: Megan_Freed_KitName_item.

I think TOU's are the BEST. Honestly, I never rename my files, so I get a lot of files that say the designer's first names only, or just their initials - and it makes me bonkers. But TOU's - perfect. Then you know how to contact the designer as well.

9. yep, I always include TOU too :)

10. Yep, forgot to say, I include TOU's as well