shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Brag Page Exchange-Helen's Moms Diner & Andrea's templates

Quote Originally Posted by triplescoop View Post
    This was an awesome challenge...sorry I missed it. I'd like to see these put up for sale to purchase if enough participants willing to share/donate their submissions for the cause. It could make a good charity kit if participants willing to submit their entries and GoDigital willing to donate proceeds to a good charitable cause. Add the extra bonuses given to participants ie mint tins-quick pgs, etc. and charge more. Just a thought, and it would satisfy the cravings of those of us that were too wimpy, tired, busy, sick, whatever to try!!! The national diabetes associations are always looking for funding for their research and could donate the proceeds in Helen's name.
    Yes that sure would be nice. We would have to get approval from each participant before embarking on something like this.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

2. Thanks ~

I picked up my album this morning. Thanks to all the talented ladies who are sharing their designs. Thanks also to the ladies who put this all together. This was my 1st exchange ever and it was a lot of fun. I think I'm addicted...I'm feeling the withdrawls. Until the next exchange, farewell.

3. Red face Thank you so much - A Couple of questions

First a big thank you for all those who helped create all this great stuff. Second thanks to Holly who had all the hard work of getting this all together and back out to you.

Next item I'm more than willing to donate my creations to charity. I think that would be a great idea.

1st question one file doesn't seem to want to load in PSE organizer although its preview shows up. I'm assuming its a PSE issues but was wondering if anyone else had any problems. Its gist page 3.
    2nd - Most cards are png's but a few are jpgs. Since I'm new to all this I am assuming that you would open them the same and just create a type layer and save the same way you would use a png. If there is any other special instructions I'd appreciate a heads up.
    3rd - For the PNG that have writing like journal here how is that dealt with. I know on PSD file you just delete the layer. I haven't tried them in editor yet as I'm trying to get some other stuff done right now but any tips would be helpful.

These are probably dump questions but I figured there may be others brand new to all this that might need the same information.

And again a huge thank you for all the effort that went into this project. I had a lot of fun thanks.

response

First a big thank you for all those who helped create all this great stuff. Second thanks to Holly who had all the hard work of getting this all together and back out to you.
    Thanks but I also want to give thanks to Helen and Andrea too!

Next item I'm more than willing to donate my creations to charity. I think that would be a great idea.

1st question one file doesn't seem to want to load in PSE organizer although its preview shows up. I'm assuming its a PSE issues but was wondering if anyone else had any problems. Its gist page 3.
    I just tried to open it up in PSE and it wouldn't open for me either. Will check in with Kim (griest) on this.

2nd - Most cards are png's but a few are jpgs. Since I'm new to all this I am assuming that you would open them the same and just create a type layer and save the same way you would use a png. If there is any other special instructions I'd appreciate a heads up.
    Yes that will work. For every other exchange I make sure we have pngs. But for this one where no photos necessarily had to be put under a layout so a .jpg would work.

3rd - For the PNG that have writing like journal here how is that dealt with. I know on PSD file you just delete the layer. I haven't tried them in editor yet as I'm trying to get some other stuff done right now but any tips would be helpful.
    We have a report of one set where we have journaling and we don't have the corresponding and valid pngs for so I'm working on getting those.

To resolve all these I will be assembling another zip with just the corrected files in them and will distribute as soon as I have the files from the two participants.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

5. Fast Answers Thanks

Helen,

I knew there were more I wanted to thank so I appreciate the reminder to thank Andrea and Helen as well.

And I'm glad my questions weren't too dumb. I figured the no picture thing made the jpg's work but I wanted to check.

I have a project in mind for these but I have some time. My oldest is hoping to get a job in Africa and when he spent a semester there in college he actually called home once to get my Mac and Cheese recipe. So I figured this time I would send him with a set of recipe cards which would be a lot cheaper than call to the US. Of course I'll have to make 2 sets. One with American temps and measure and a second with European-Metric temps and measures. I figure if I make two sets I'll have a set for the rest of the gang when they move out and Jacob can switch back in a few years when he returns.

Of course so far he's working on the application so I have time.

6. Thank You so much for doing this for all of us.
    Addicted to:

Wisdom to Share:

7. Thank you so much for all the work in putting this exchange together.

All of the submissions are just wonderful. These will be so much help in finally finishing up the recipe boxes I'm working on.

And thank you also to Helen and Andrea for providing us with such great designs to work with along with the fabulous bonuses.

This was a lot of fun.

Teascrapper

I have so many great files, and not nearly enough storage for them all.
    (but it sure beats having scraps or paper and glitter everywhere! LOL)

Thanks so much ladies for all the submissions, and Helen, and Andrea, and Holly, and... WOW there are a lot of people involved here! Thanks to you ALL!

Next time I would donate them to charity, as well. I don't think that anyone would have a problem with it.

That kindof sounds like an idea for a new challenge all together... like a monthly album for charity...using the collab kit! And choose a new charity each month!

Thank goodness for you guys that the phone rang and stopped my rant. What I meant to say was ... Great Idea, tripplescoop!

Much Love to Every Scrappy Lady Here!
    XOXO,

Angie

Thank you everyone who loved participating in this exchange.

And I love the idea of selling them and donating the proceeds to a charity.

If I can make a suggestion, if this kit is used for that, I would like the proceeds to go to the autisum fund that Debra and Holly are helping out with - for their niece. Autism is one of the fastest growing areas of concern for our children, and it so desparately needs financial help in its funding.

Whatever Debra and Holly want to do is fine with me. I have no problem with my pages or bonuses being sold with the proceeds going to a charity fund.

HUGS to all!
    Helen

We do not stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing.

I think that's a great idea too if we could work it out. There are a lot of great causes out there...autism and MS are two that are close to my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by an_g83 View Post
    I have so many great files, and not nearly enough storage for them all.
    (but it sure beats having scraps or paper and glitter everywhere! LOL)

Thanks so much ladies for all the submissions, and Helen, and Andrea, and Holly, and... WOW there are a lot of people involved here! Thanks to you ALL!

Next time I would donate them to charity, as well. I don't think that anyone would have a problem with it.

That kindof sounds like an idea for a new challenge all together... like a monthly album for charity...using the collab kit! And choose a new charity each month!

Thank goodness for you guys that the phone rang and stopped my rant. What I meant to say was ... Great Idea, tripplescoop!