shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your Best Thing about Christmas?

1. Question What was your Best Thing about Christmas?

It's always magical, isn't it?! There's so much to be thankful for. But some things just stand out.

For me those were having Kristin (18 yo DD) home from college, shopping with Hannah for everyone's gifts, the Christmas Eve service with my Mom singing in the choir, missing not having the boys here for Christmas Eve/ the Christmas morning frenzy for the very first time ever and watching Hannah run to jump in her brother Jason arms and squeal with happiness because her got her the Airbuddies dvd!

How about you? What stands out the most for you?

oh wow sounds like fun in your house, sorry the fellas weren't there.

For me it was: Listening to the kids counting down the seconds from 27 minutes past 6 to half past so they could wake us!

Seeing their faces when they got the things they wanted and just being together as a family.
    Having my Mum and Dad over for the first time in 5 years, they are usually with my brother and his family!
    Just chillin' with my Family, that is what Christmas was to me.

( But i was mighty glad i got my Fuji Finepix S9500 too! Thanks oh Wonderful Hubby!!)

3. that's great Beany that your parents finally made it over and you got that awesome camera!
    Actually, we did get to see the boys. We went to their "new" house for Christmas dinner and it was great to have them cleaning the mess this time!

Oh yeay i am glad you saw the boys! And no cleaning - cool!!
    Hope all is well with everyone else too!

Sounds like you both had a great day! Congrats on your camera Gill.

It was nice this year to all be home, not having to travel at all on Christmas Day. For the past 17 years, dh has worked away from home a lot & it was refreshing for him to be here and take part in the prep, shopping, etc.

And the very best part was the looks on the kids faces, the excitement in the air and spending a wonderful family day.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

Besides the absolute look of joy on Justin's face as he opened all his gifts, and being with our families, I have to say the very best thing about Christmas for me was my gift from Dave. Six years ago, while I was pregnant with Justin, I had a lot of swelling, and I had to cut my engagement and wedding rings off. I was so sad. Well, Dave took them to the jewellers and had them fixed and sized for me, and gave them to me for Christmas. It was so special, and I cried my face right off!! It was the sweetest thing ever!!!

steph, that was such a sweet and thoughtful present! I am happy for you!
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

8. Aw, glad to hear the sweet stories! For me it was nice to have most but not all of my side of the family here all day. I surely wish we could have been with Deb and her clan too and one day we all will be close in distance to share Christmas together. As for gifts, the boys got an air hockey table from Grandpa Jack and that brought out the competitive nature in Uncle Scott...but Sean still got the better of him :) Jackie was in hog heaven with his Harley scooter riding around the house. And finally, after 3 letters to Santa from Theo, it was so wonderful to see him open the one gift he really wanted from Santa...a $5 Gold Bionicle!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

9. Quote Originally Posted by steph View Post
    Besides the absolute look of joy on Justin's face as he opened all his gifts, and being with our families, I have to say the very best thing about Christmas for me was my gift from Dave. Six years ago, while I was pregnant with Justin, I had a lot of swelling, and I had to cut my engagement and wedding rings off. I was so sad. Well, Dave took them to the jewellers and had them fixed and sized for me, and gave them to me for Christmas. It was so special, and I cried my face right off!! It was the sweetest thing ever!!!
    Awww Steph.... that's just the sweetest thing...what a wonderful dh you have!

Steph: What a wonderful thoughtful gift

My best thing about christmas was going for a relaxing picnic with my partner, then I went to visit a friend for a while (and play with the new puppy) and then dinner at my partners family. Nice and relaxing