shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Sorry to have been missing...

Sorry to have been missing...

The last few days have been extremely hectic. Amazing how real life can get in the way.

Thursday night we had a freak accident at the farm resulting in a total loss of electricity. We had to run on a back-up generator most of the day yesterday, just to keep basics in operation. (Feedlines running, water, etc.) One of our horses ran into a guy wire that stabilizes an electric pole, causing a pole to lean, pulling the wires loose from a transformer. Fortunately the horse suffered only minor injuries. Somehow the power surge from the transformer blowing combined with damage, apparantly from lightning at some point in time, caused our main buried cable to literally blow apart. The power company is still scratching their heads on this one, lol.

We had to dig up and totally replace the buried cable to the farm. Not a minor repair to say the least. Fortunately, none of the electronic controls for the farm equipment seem to have been damaged. And goofy horse has been relocated to a different pasture. We suspect someone may have been chasing the horses as we have had a problem with that in the past.

So, today I will attempt to make up for my lost time yesterday. I still have quite a bit of baking to do and presents to wrap.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

2. Oh my! You poor lady! I hope the electricity issue is resolved and you can enjoy your last few days before Christmas!

Sorry to hear how hectic it has been for you the past few days! Hopefully all is in working order now and you can enjoy the holiday season! Hugs to you!
    Michaele

4. Oh my Alice, you didnt need that right now. We sure hope it is up and running by Christmas for ya - Happy Holidays!

Thanks ladies. All is pretty much back in order. And here's hoping it stays that way!
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

oh no - what an awful thing to happen and an awful time for it to happen too! Glad things are getting sorted - hope they stay that way and that you have a great Christmas :)

Wow, sounds like a really eventful day! hope you still have time to get everything done for Christmas. I'm sure it will be a special day no matter what!

Jennifer