shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

View Poll Results: How many layouts do you make with a page kit?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • none - I'm just a shop-aholic & have an incredibly large unused stash!

11 6.88%
  • 1 - Once I make a layout, I'm done with the kit

8 5.00%
  • 1 or 2 - I can usually find enough in the kit to make more than 1

69 43.13%
  • 3 or More - I want my $$'s worth!

72 45.00%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Do You Make?

Quote Originally Posted by ABitDaffy View Post
    I'm with you on this, Kim I read a quote somewhere from a seamstress - people were giving her a hard time about all the fabric she was collecting and never using. Her reply was "I just like to look at it. I don't see what the problem is - stamp collectors collect stamps all the time and never send them!"

Count me in as a collector! Although, I've found myself here lately using more and more of my stash and actually thinking before I buy something. I also have several kits that I use over and over again & I have several sets of solid papers that I really go to again and again.

So, here's my answer: All of the above!

Daphne...I'm in that same group as you and Kim....I have stuff I may never use but if I ever need it I know where it is :) You should see the collectioin of paper scrapping stuff I have ..well, if you could find it in my basement that is! On day the kids are going to have a lot of fun with it all! oh, I have stickers like you wouldn't believe....and if I ever decide to start crocheting again...I have skeins of yarn down their too...and such pretty bits of fabric for quilts and what not!

yup.. I'm a collector too.. no wonder I filled up the 400Gig of harddrive on my laptop AND my 500Gig EHD...so hubby being the thoughful guy that he is bought me another EHD to hook up to our network... I laugh..he thinks he'll get some room on it...I'm already backing up all my photos and scrapbooking kits to it...it's a Terabyte of drive space...he might get a megabyte or two before I'm done "collecting" :)
    Anita
    mom to Katie and Lizzie

Well it depends on the kit but most times I will make several layouts. Not all at once but over a period of time.

I do one and overtime I will use it again. I always get more than one layout done with the kits I have. I like the kits that are nuetral .. they ca nbe used for many types of layouts.

When using a single kit, I tend to make 2-3 LO. I also like to mix and match kits and find myself returning to some kits over and over.
    Cheri

5. I have a lot of kits and freebie kits that I've never used. My collection isn't that big compared to some of the ladies I know that digi scrap, but I have 20.8GB and I have used maybe 1/3 of that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kayleighm View Post
    I have a lot of kits and freebie kits that I've never used. My collection isn't that big compared to some of the ladies I know that digi scrap, but I have 20.8GB and I have used maybe 1/3 of that.
    Oh boy, you're doing good that you haven't filled that up yet! I have a 500 gig and have that 1/2 full ... I think it's mostly photo's though since I like to shoot everything at the highest resolution.

7. I have loads of kits that I have never used but like someone else said..if I need it, it will be here for me

I have started loving Quick Pages and templates so I have started to make 1 or 2 QP (or more..) of the kits I have then I can go back to them and use the QP when the right picture or pictures comes along. In the properties section of the QP I just write the kit name and whos template I used.

I have found sometimes it is easier to do the QP and then find the picture that fits it. Instead of having a picture and trying to create a page from it.

8. I am really new to digital scrappin', but I would hope I will be creative enough to use kits multiple times to get my $$$s worth. However, I love to shop and want to have hundreds and hundreds of kits, so perhaps I won't need to use a kit more than a handful of times.

We'll see.

9. Oh what I do is take all the parts i really like from each kit and put them into folders to technically i can use the same kit forever really.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
    Oh what I do is take all the parts i really like from each kit and put them into folders to technically i can use the same kit forever really.
    do you actually "break your kits apart"? Meaning when you put parts into another folder, are you copying an item, or moving it? I was just wondering because I wasn't sure how I would be able to properly credit a designer if I started moving things around. But like I said, I am really new to this, so perhaps I wasn't understanding what you meant. :-)