shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

View Poll Results: How many layouts do you make with a page kit?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • none - I'm just a shop-aholic & have an incredibly large unused stash!

11 6.88%
  • 1 - Once I make a layout, I'm done with the kit

8 5.00%
  • 1 or 2 - I can usually find enough in the kit to make more than 1

69 43.13%
  • 3 or More - I want my $$'s worth!

72 45.00%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Do You Make?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfs Up View Post
    I don't know if the designers will like this, but I borrow from one kit to use with another or 2 or 3 kits to use in one page. I just like to make up my own pages, using a lot of different elements and papers. Whatever looks good to me.
    I think a lot of people do this too but as long as you give credit where it's due I'm sure everyone will be happy!

I am a shopaholic i have hundreds of kits , i am like a bee to the honey pot .
    I dont mix or match simply because i would never remember to credit the designers.I like to use the kit again if i like it

it depends on the kit.
    For larger kits and what I am scrapbooking.
    For example if I have a lot of pictures from a party or vacation I like to use a kit that has lots of papers so I can make as many pages as needed from the same kit.
    If I am scrapbooking some "everyday" moments, I might use a smaller kit and only make one page from the kit. Although I do have some favorites that I will use again and again.

usually 1-2 layouts and I have quite a few that i have not touched... I have my all time fav. designers ( you know, the ones that no matter what you had to have their new release )..so ... yeah.. i usually one or two.. hehe

I am a little bit of the same way...I picked 1 or 2. I have favorites but then sometimes if I see a kit I really like, I just have to have it. I have a few kits I have bought a little while ago and have not used them yet. I just unzipped them last weekend. And then my other problem is that I am very "routine" so if it is something I like, I will keep going back to that same thing so I have to force myself out of it.

My Blog || My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Heather / HK Designs View Post
    usually 1-2 layouts and I have quite a few that i have not touched... I have my all time fav. designers ( you know, the ones that no matter what you had to have their new release )..so ... yeah.. i usually one or two.. hehe
    haha i have a few of those too! everything they create, i just HAVE to have

I usually make at least 2.......I am funny about "matching" or "facing" pages in my books. Once in a while if it is a themed book, and I really like the kit, I use parts of the same kit throughout, adding other things to add variety........but using the same background paper, colors etc.

When I get a page kit, I try to do as many as I can out of that one kit. I don't always use them as much as I'd want because when there is a super good sale I'll buy more than one at a time.
    I also find it a challenge to see how many different looking pages can I make out of one kit.

9. I find myself buying way to many kits and not using them. I tend to be a collector when i comes to my kits. I keep telling myself I will sit down with my kits and use them but I am to indecisive and keep buying what I like.
    Last edited by scrapyard; 05-22-2011 at 11:04 AM.

I tend to buy kits to go with photos I have in mind, but finding the time to scrap all the memories is a tough one.