shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

View Poll Results: How many layouts do you make with a page kit?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • none - I'm just a shop-aholic & have an incredibly large unused stash!

11 6.88%
  • 1 - Once I make a layout, I'm done with the kit

8 5.00%
  • 1 or 2 - I can usually find enough in the kit to make more than 1

69 43.13%
  • 3 or More - I want my $$'s worth!

72 45.00%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Do You Make?

How Many Do You Make?

How many layouts (on average) do you usually make with a page kit?

It often depends on the kit! Some kits I can make layout after layout with - Scrapkut's girly girl kit is a prime example! But, usually, its 1 or 2. As long as I get 1 LO out of the kit, I feel I have got my money's worth - one paper LO would cost far more than that to make!

Ditte what Joy said....worded wonderfully!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

I can make quite a few, not all at once but in time I will reopen kits and use them again.

5. At least 1-2 usually, but sometimes more. Very true though, 1 LO does give you your money's worth really.

Barbara
    My Blog

I always make at least 2 from each kit, there have been some kits that I've done as many as 4 layouts with. Depends on what photos I have to use with the kits.
    Elaine My Blog
    \

I use them several times..if I like them :) which is most of them....

kits I keep using over and over include Theresa's Dazzling, Jessica's Indian Summer, Doreen's Versatility(the name alone should tell folks they can get several layouts from it), Beckie's Sakura, the GDS collab kits(they are so big I could make several layouts and never repeat stuff anyway)...oh I could go on and on....my thing right now is I have so many kits I haven't used yet either... but I do have my favorites..and find I go back to them often.... but I do like to work with the new kits too......

it's not really about getting my money's worth because like Joy said, one layout and I've broken even compared to paper scrapping (and sometimes even cheaper because I was the queen of throwing away a paper layout and starting over when I really didn't like it)...for me it's a matter of coordinating my pages.. I've starting really liking 2 page layouts...like the one I did for family fun night with Shana's Groovin' page kit...they look awesome printed and next to each other in your scrapbook! ... I almost always did matching or coordinating pages when I paper scrapped...
    Last edited by anitastreet; 02-23-2008 at 06:35 AM.
    Anita
    mom to Katie and Lizzie

Actually it depends on the kit... When I really like a kit I can make more than 2 layouts...

Most times I make up to 2 layouts from one kit....

Most kits I use I get at least a couple of layouts from, then there are a few kits I find myself using again and again. Even though a have a bunch of kits that I have and like the looks of, but just haven't used yet. There is just too much good stuff out there! It is so wonderful that this is all digital and fits in the computer (well external drive) instead of all over my extra room, my huspand is happy about that as well! :o)
    Erin

usually 1-2 layouts and I have LOADS of kits that I have never used...YET