shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

View Poll Results: How many layouts do you make with a page kit?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • none - I'm just a shop-aholic & have an incredibly large unused stash!

11 6.96%
  • 1 - Once I make a layout, I'm done with the kit

8 5.06%
  • 1 or 2 - I can usually find enough in the kit to make more than 1

68 43.04%
  • 3 or More - I want my $$'s worth!

71 44.94%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Do You Make?

1. I just realized how long ago the last post was. So does this mean that this thread id dead? I am new so I feel kinda silly now.

Don't worry about it Irishblues, the poll is an ongoing one, and you can respond and vote. When you see the title on the forum topic page, and it has a "sticky" tag to the left of the title, that means it's not dead. It's still there so newbies can see what others have said and just because it's interesting.

I think it means just answer about how many times you both use the kit exclusively, and pull specific elements or paper from it to use on a layout.

Dona

3. Thank you! It depends on how many pictures I have to scrapbook. I just used VK Winter Kit exclusivly for 8 pages. I like to keep a group of photos that go together in 1 themed design.

4. No kits

I don't even have any kits to scrapbook with, so I can't say how many I'd make.

I have a lot of kits I haven't used yet, but they are mostly freebies that I haven't found the right pictures for. What can I say, I'm a freebie junkie!

6. usually 1-2 for me

7. I don't have a lot to spend and so when I buy a kit I have to like it a lot. So I try to use it as much as I can even if it is just a favorite piece of it. But, with that said, I do have to admit that I have purchased kits and still not used them. Not many, but a few!

8. I am a shopoholic. I have so much stuff that I don't know where to start! Usually when I buy a new pagekit or download a qp that I really like, I will use that for a layout. I surprised myself this month and have done 14 layouts so far. And I will use certain kits that I like for more than one. The collab kits at GDS give me the freedom to create different looking layouts so I enjoy using those. November and December's collab kits were fantastic and I am still using them at this time.
    I am also a freebie junkie and enjoy downloading new stuff, even if I haven't used 99% of it. I have paid for a large amount of my digi stash so am trying to use some of it.

I'm a shopaholic too! Well, actually, as somebody wrote, now I consider me a collector! I have hundreds of kits (I think, I've never counted them!), most of them never unzipped. I don't always make the same numbers of LOs. It could be that I make 1 or 4. It depends. I love mix and match elements/papers and recolorize them to match other papers/elements or photos.
    As a CT, I usually make 1 or 2 (if I have time) but I could make more if I like a lot many elements that I couldn't use in the LOs I made.
    I like designing kits, but I haven't started to sell them. So I make at least 4 LOs with my kits; just in case I'll decide to sell them!

10. I don't know if the designers will like this, but I borrow from one kit to use with another or 2 or 3 kits to use in one page. I just like to make up my own pages, using a lot of different elements and papers. Whatever looks good to me.