shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reminder Regarding Piracy

Reminder Regarding Piracy

In light of all the recent pirating happening in the digital scrapping community as a whole, everyone Please Honor the TOU's of the Designers and Please No Pirating. The designers work hard on their kits. That means no sharing with friends, neighbors and yes not even with other family members.

When you purchase a kit take a minute to read their Terms of Use
    Last edited by Debra; 02-19-2008 at 01:49 AM.
    Elaine My Blog
    \

Thanks so much for bringing this up Elaine... and thanks so much to our community for respecting our Designers and eachother and honoring the rules.

No sharing here...I am the only one who does this in my family and friend circle. I am trying to get my sister into digital scrapboooking. I have done some pages for her and she likes them but wants to see them printed out.
    I do agree that the Designers,rather here or from other sites work hard and need to have the respect of their TOU.

Quote Originally Posted by tweederbug View Post
    No sharing here...I am the only one who does this in my family and friend circle. I am trying to get my sister into digital scrapboooking. I have done some pages for her and she likes them but wants to see them printed out.
    I do agree that the Designers,rather here or from other sites work hard and need to have the respect of their TOU.
    Good luck with your Sister Sheila... It took us having GDS up and running for over 6 months before Holly ever scrapped a page!!

Thank you Elaine!

Everyone's TOUs are slightly different.

Also, please remember that not every designer allows scrap for hire use of their kits. If it doesn't say so in their TOU, or if you're ever in doubt of the use of anything (this includes freebies, templates, etc) it's better to ask than to violate their TOU. Not only is it disrespectful, it's also against the law!
    AMY

FREE AT LAST - DID AWAY WITH THE DRAMA!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Say "HELLO" to me ~ alfenner

6. Help the newbie(ish) out. What does scrap for hire entail?

Quote Originally Posted by alfenner View Post
    Also, please remember that not every designer allows scrap for hire use of their kits. If it doesn't say so in their TOU, or if you're ever in doubt of the use of anything (this includes freebies, templates, etc) it's better to ask than to violate their TOU. Not only is it disrespectful, it's also against the law!

Quote Originally Posted by ozchicki View Post
    Help the newbie(ish) out. What does scrap for hire entail?
    Scrap for hire (aka S4H) is where someone pays you to scrap their photos for them. Not to be confused with scrapping a brag book, say, and giving it as a gift to your mom -- that's perfectly fine. Technically S4H is commercial use, so those that only allow personal use (unless otherwise marked specifically for S4H) should not be used for S4H.

Hope that helps!
    AMY

8. Ah, that makes sense. So making a page as a gift, is not hiring as you are not being paid to do it?

You got it!
    AMY

Thumbs up No Sharing Here

Best they go direct to the designer & pay for it too! That includes download time & thank yous