shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: How to add a link in a thread to your layout in the gallery

1. How to add a link in a thread to your layout in the gallery

Hi! Many times you may find the need to add a link in a forum thread to something you uploaded to our gallery. Most often, you might want to do this to show participation in a challenge or contest.

So we've created a video to walk you step by step how to do it!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...eryLayout.html

If you have any troubles doing this, just post in this thread and we'll be happy to help!

On a side note, we do not allow linking to pages or layouts or anything to other digiscrapping sites, so please only link to layouts in our Gallery.
    Last edited by HollyS; 10-10-2008 at 07:20 AM.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

2. thank you so much for this, this was really, really helpful!

3. I did it! Thanks so much for the video, it finally made it all clear to me!

4. OMGoodness...I am so excited to see these video tutorials! THANK YOU
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great idea on the videos. Sometimes having a visual really gives you an "ah ha" moment as opposed to just reading words. I know when I first started, things were so overwhelming, I was afraid to hit a button in case I did the wrong thing. This should go a long way to helping "newbies".

6. Yes, this is really informative... I remember trying to figure this out too and think videos are so helpful!

7. Thanks! I haven't scrapped in a year and I'm rusty. This was a great refresher!

I am new at this and am trying to show the layout prompt but cannot seem to find where the "properties are. Each time I right click on my layout there is no option for properties. I tried to copy and paste it but I do not see it on the page with the other submissions. This looks so simple that I must be missing something. I've reviewed the video several times and am still stuck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You

What options do you get when you right click?

It depends on what version of Internet Explorer you are using, or if you are on a Mac, it would be different too.

Do you get "Copy Image Location". If you do, click that. It is a simplified method to the step in the video.