shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by ponicedan View Post
    I agree with rainjam....canon or nikon is the best!! I have a Canon SX10 IS & have used Canon's several years with great results. At sometime, I would like to get a smaller, more compact camera for a smaller purse....my camera goes with me everywhere....you never know if you will have a kodak moment! Good luck choosing.
    Shouldn't that read * a Canon moment*? teehee ....
    Last edited by Scrappinsass; 04-11-2009 at 08:27 PM.

2. well- I took the leap to day and ordered a Canon Xsi 450D from QVC-it was a little more, but I get to have 4 months to pay for it-I am still taking deep breaths-it was nearly as much as my laptop!!! But I love taking pics-so what the heck-I am teaching an extra class this year-so at least I am spending the money on things I love! Before the bugdet it slashed for next year!

For that kind of money...I'd go with the Nikon dSLR sold at Costco (I think it is the D60). Kodak has such a 'complicated' download procedure (youngest kid has an easyshare m753 and I cuss everytime I have to download his photos through their software rather than Bridge). Plus battery problems. Haven't looked at Kodak in years...so I'd reccomend going with Cannon or Nikon.

4. Ok-I checked out Costco and I saw the Nikon 6 megapixel and it was a bit less than the Canon-but the Canon 12 mega was much less than the Nikon-so much info!