shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Here and to Scrapping

New Here and to Scrapping

Hi,

My name is Laura and I am new here and to scrapping...I've been playing around with PSE 5 but keep stumbling. I try and pick up tips wherever I can!

I live in Fairbanks, Alaska with my husband and 17 dogs. We absolutely LOVE the winter and get out with our dogs on skis and mush on a sled too. So, I really love the winter kits and I'm trying to make my first layout out with pictures from our winter wonderland!

Everyone seems very friendly and helpful (which I appreciate!).

--AKrubygal

2. Hey Laura!
    I'm Shana, and I'm a new designer here at GDS. I started digi scrapping a year ago after paper scrapping for about 11 years. I found this so much for efficient and easier to keep up with supplies, etc. Have you ever scrapped at all?
    Either which way, you're sure to find tons of help here. May I suggest checking out the classes offered here. They are amazing for newbies like yourself.
    As for being in Alaska, I also grew up there. Lived in Eagle River, Anchorage, then the last six years we were in Cordova. I now am back home in Mississippi. BIG change from what I was used to! Been 20 years now, and I still feel out of place sometimes.

Look forward to seeing your layouts and pictures of that land I miss so much!

(By the way, Melody, a Supreme Team member here, is also in Alaska!)

Welcome AKrubygal!!

GDS is a blast and has the friendliest people! :) I've been digi-scrapping for around 9 months and love it...I was hooked right away!! I recently conviced my sister that digi-scapping is the way to go and she also just joined GDS.
    Wendy
    mom to Emily (India-11), Melody (China-9) & Steven (China-4)
    Waiting for Clarens (Haiti-2)

Welcome Laura! I'm Cheri, rumkimom's sister

I'm also new to GDS and to digiscrapping. In fact, I purchased my PSE program about 2 weeks ago. Anyway, I thought that, depending on how much "stumbling around" you are doing, you might be interested in what was recommended to me ... taking the PSE class. The February one just started ...

Good luck with learning! Hope to see you around.
    Cheri

Hi Laura...Welcome to GDS. And you are right this is the friendliest place that you are gonna fine. Everyone is always willing to help with whatever you need.
    So if you ever need anything just yell.

I can't wait to see your work in the galleries. I bet living in Alaska you have some amazing pictures. Check out some of the challenges if you want a good time and some wonderful posting bonuses.

Again welcome to GDS...we are so glad to have you here

Welcome Laura! You picked the best place to call home! I would highly recommend the PSE class. I took it and it was extremely helpful. Hope to see you join in some challenges with us. I can hardly wait to see pics of your dogs and the winter wonderland!

If you have any questions, just give me a shout!

Welcome to GDS! Glad you found us... lot's of help here if you need it.. just holler!

8. You're going to like it here. I've only been here a couple of weeks but these ladies took me in and made me feel right at home.
    *Wen*

Hi and welcome to gds! Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing your LOs in the gallery :)

Welcome to GDS! Wow - Alaska - that's neat! Check out the challenges - there are lots of them to help you out.

We do not stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing.