shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Drag and Drop

Drag and Drop

I use PSE 5 and I am walking through the tutorial document on Using Templates in Photoshop.

I opened up a template (PSD format) and 3 different papers to include in the layout. I select the layer in the template that I want the paper on and and drag and drop the paper in there but it drops as a small square in the middle of the layer. The tutorial makes me think it will take the same size as the layer once I do the CTRL-G....but it does not.

Is there a setting I am missing in PSE or am I missing a step?? Should I resize the paper??

My template is a 12x12, if that is helpful information.

Thanks!

--akrubygal

Sorry, don't know a thing about Elements... I use CS2. Normally I don't use drag and drop but the "place"-command. Don't know if that is an option in elements. (under file) But even if you drag and drop it should be the original size.

The ctrl-g is the next step and creates a clipping mask. The same size as the layer underneeth.

Quote Originally Posted by AKrubygal View Post
    I use PSE 5 and I am walking through the tutorial document on Using Templates in Photoshop.

I opened up a template (PSD format) and 3 different papers to include in the layout. I select the layer in the template that I want the paper on and and drag and drop the paper in there but it drops as a small square in the middle of the layer. The tutorial makes me think it will take the same size as the layer once I do the CTRL-G....but it does not.

Is there a setting I am missing in PSE or am I missing a step?? Should I resize the paper??

My template is a 12x12, if that is helpful information.

Thanks!

--akrubygal
    What are your settings set at? Are you working with your resolution at 300 pixel/inches. I know when I got my new program it was set up at a resolution of 72 and I had to downsize all the papers. I had never thought to look at that because with my PSE4 I always had the resolution set at 300 so I never had to worry about it.
    Jessica Alger had helped me out with getting my settings right on my program. She was on Hello one day so I asked her about it.
    Another thing is to click on the paper that you are using so it's highlighted in blue and hold your mouse over the name of the paper and see if the paper is 3600x3600, if it isn't then that is where your problem is, most use 3600x3600 pixels (12x12 inch) for the size of their papers.
    Elaine My Blog
    \

Thanks for the replys

I'm at work now but I will check out both of your suggestions tonight.

--AKrubygal