shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New and want to learn more

1. New and want to learn more

Hi I am a SAHM to 5 including twins who are 22 months old. I decided it was time to go digital so I could scrap once and print twice for the twins books. I took a photography class last summer and then bought PSE 5. I have been dabbling and learning and only feel I have more to learn. SO I ask "teach me!"

Cindy

Welcome to GDS, great place to be. Id love to see your work so far. This is a great place to learn. There are plenty of challenges every month and classes to take. Enjoy and welcome again.

welcome! not sure how to "teach you" but i do know the ladies here are excellent if you have questions. so...feel free to ask and welcome
    just me, jessica

Welcome to GDS Cindy!! You'll love this site and digi scrapping!! i'm a mom of twins too and I can tell you digi is so much easier and there's no mess for the kiddos to get into!!! Hope to see your layouts soon.

Hugs,
    Theresa

Smile HisKid

Welcome Cindy ... I'm also new both here and to using PSE. In fact, I picked up my program about 1-1/2 weeks ago. Have never used anything like it. My sister (who is a regular on this site) informed me that classes are available, I signed up for them, maybe it is something that may be helpful for you. Have fun learning! Cheri

Quote Originally Posted by heckertc View Post
    Hi I am a SAHM to 5 including twins who are 22 months old. I decided it was time to go digital so I could scrap once and print twice for the twins books. I took a photography class last summer and then bought PSE 5. I have been dabbling and learning and only feel I have more to learn. SO I ask "teach me!"

Cindy
    Check out the classes here at GDS. The PSE class is excellent! The class instructions are simple to follow and really help lots.

7. Thanks for the welcome. I would post pages, but I need to know how first. And I would like to not have my kids faces all over....too many wierdos in the world NOT IMPLYING there are any here but the internet is not always safe. I once saw you can blur faces so I might try that.

I am not very good, just Plain Jane simple. I started checking every book on photoshop I could out of the library and doing online tutorials but that was so confusing. I finally got a book, Digital and Hybird Scrapbooking and Cardmaking for PSE by the Digital Scrapbook Teacher and it had been the best thing for me so far! I look forward to learning from ya'll.

Cindy

Helen has a couple sets of Halloween masks that some people use instead of blurring - they are 50% off for a couple more days!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...roducts_id=997

And check the Resource section for Beginners - there's a tutorial in there about how to post them...http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...?page=beginner

9. Welcome! Totally understand about the blurred faces thing. Erin's suggestion for Helen's masks was a good one. Those wold not only accomplish what you want, but add some interest to your layouts! For posting purposes at least. ;)
    Hope you find what you need to get started. If you have any question, please feel free to ask away! Everyone here is very warm and friendly. You won't ever want to leave!!!!

Hi and welcome!!! Am afraid I can't help you much as I am a PSP user and have never even opened PSE!!! But, any forum/gallery related questions, feel free to ask!!!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you :)