shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a newbie here

Smile I'm a newbie here

Hi, my sister who is a regular on this site (rumkimom), just introduced me to digital scrapbooking. I've done scrapbooking the "old fashioned way" for several years. While visiting our parents in Iowa for Christmas, I planned on scrapbooking a recent trip to Nicaragua. The first days there were so busy that I never got around to it. About half way through the week, my sister started showing me some of her scrapbooking and I loved it! She volunteered to help me with digiscraping my trip and I became hooked. I was amazed at the number of things she could do that I would never have thought of. We finished an 18-page book in about 15-18 hours. What a blast! Since I've never done anything like this, I initially have how to learn to use the program I just purchased (Photoshop Elements 6). I'm really looking forward to learning enough to start scrapbooking. In the mean time, I'll just spend some time looking around the site.

Welcome to GDS!! So glad Wendy brought you here!! She is very talented and you're very lucky to have her showing you the ropes!!! Can't wait to see some of your work!!!

Hugs,
    Theresa

Hey there sis!! Glad ya finally made it. :)
    Wendy
    mom to Emily (India-11), Melody (China-9) & Steven (China-4)
    Waiting for Clarens (Haiti-2)

Welcome to you HisKid...we are so glad that Wendy has introduced you to GDS. I know that you are going to love it here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful so if you ever need anything just YELL.

Check out some of the challenges for some fun and great posting bonuses. I can't wait to see your work in the galleries.

Again welcome to GDS...we are so glad to have you here.

Hi and welcome!!! Great to meet you! Can't wait to see some of your LOs - you have a great teacher :)

6. Welcome! The support and friendliness of everyone here will make you so happy you decided to jump into the digiscrapping adventure and this digiscrapping community in particular.

Yaaay... another Sister Team... Welcome to GDS! Looking forward to seeing you around... your Sister is so talented, I bet she has you up and fully addicted in no time!

Holler if you need anything!

Welcome to GDS, how nice to have Wendy's sister join us. We'll look forward to seeing you around the site. Wendy is a plus for us here, one of our top scrappers. Can't wait to see your layouts and for you to join us in the challenges.
    Elaine My Blog
    \

Welcome to GDS Im so glad Wendy got you hooked. This site is GREAT...glad you came aboard.

Welcome the GDS, this place is so much fun, you'll love it here.