shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Now I have a MAJOR PSE6 Problem!!!!

Angry Now I have a MAJOR PSE6 Problem!!!!

Ok, I need some help. I just purchased PSE6. Great, awesome....but it keep shutting down on me. I get started on a layout and about 10 minutes into the session it just shuts down. I get the Microsoft error message and this is the code they say they will send to Microsoft:

C:\Docume~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\dc48_appcompat.txt

So, any ideas? I have gone to Adobe Support and there is nothing there and it would cost $29 to call and talk to someone. Whatever!!!! I have a laptop that is about 1yr old. I also got a ExHD so I have plenty of space to run the program. It just won't. Please help! Thanks!
    Last edited by Rae's World; 01-25-2008 at 12:55 AM.
    ~Rachel~

Uninstall it and Reinstall it.
    Could be as simple as one of the files getting messed up
    on install

that is a good idea. I did follow the problem to see where it would take me. Like I went to my c: drive then document....etc. And sure enough that specific what ever is not there. But what is weird is that the file is suppose to be in the temporary files. So if it is temp then it is suppose to be gone, does that make sense. I regularly clean up my computer. Okay, off to uninstall and reinstall.
    ~Rachel~

4. Did that work?

no, nothing has worked. I uninstalled, defraged my computer, turned off all virus protection and firewall then reinstalled, still didn't work. I also reinstalled Photoshop 3.0, thinkning when I removed it was part of the problem. And still nothing. So I really have no idea what the heck is going on. I am so frustrated. I want this to work on my laptop. We have another computer. IN the end I will go and see if it works there. If it does then I guess my laptop just is not eqipped to handle the program. Which makes no sense. So I am at a loss right now!!
    ~Rachel~

6. ok.. I pm'd Amyleigh (our PSE Instructor) to try and get you some further assistance...

Hang in there!!

When it shuts down are you getting an error message? If so, post that, or email it to me and let me see what I can come up with. The link that you posted earlier is just the path to the file stored on your computer...
    AmyLeigh

Hi Rachel,
    I know these things can be maddening....

I don't know if you are still working on this problem...but I can tell you for sure that one of the things you mentioned COULD pose a problem. You mentioned reinstalling Photoshop 3 as well and PSE6. When installing programs from the same manufacturer (both are from Adobe), there are likely "shared files". It is VERY important that you install the OLDER program FIRST, and then install the newer program. This is because the newer program needs any potentially shared files to be the most recent/newer ones in order for it to operate properly.

Also, if you are still having problems, would you please list your laptop's specs...i.e. what is the RAM memory installed on the laptop? What is the speed of the processor (GHz)? If you are not sure, click on START, Control Panel, then on the System icon. On the first tab ("General"), it should list the information. Silly question, but when the error has occurred, did you have any other programs running/open?...

Let us know how things are going!

Thank you Fairy Dust for your help. I did finally figure it out. With help from AmyLeigh and Adobe Support I am up and running. It will take alittle while to figure out a new program (thinkin' about those PSE Biginners Classes coming in Feb.). Here is a link to my 1st layout.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...hp?photo=21174
    ~Rachel~