shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: I am new too!

I am new too!

well hello! i alraedy made 3 pages here but thought i would introduce myself.
    I am 28 and have been doing photography little buisness on the side for quite a while now. My goal is to set up a photo studio at my house. I already have some start but need a lot more (will always need more looks like hehe).
    I have 2 years old son, and daughter on the way (will be here in May).
    I am a member of Photography forum and those people there are super profecianal photographers and thats what make me going.

I have been doing digital scrapbooking for over a year now...mainly designed my own pages for Birth announcements, Wedding announcements, Engagements and so on. But i prefer to put together babie's pages. As i said i do my own photograhy and a clients LOVE the creative approach when it is put together nicely.

I also have a side business for color corection. Its when photographers have big orders and need go through their photos but dont have time. So i am helping them to reduce color cast on the photos, sharp them more, just bring them more to life again if they need any work.

I have been using Photoshop for over 9 years now. I learned a lot about editing photos to make them look better. So if you guys need any help with your photos i can look into it and fix them for you (things like enderexposed photos, make them BW with selective colors pop out and so on.). With my many years experiance i can do pretty much anything by now hehee.

So this is a little bit about me...ask questions if you have any =)
    Last edited by precious; 01-21-2008 at 11:32 AM.

Hello..nice for a formal introduction. I also do photoshop and I have been doing that for 2 years when an online "friend" got me into it. I have a 2.5 year old and an 11 month old daughter. We should talk photos soon !

3. Would LOVE for you to share some photography tips in our photography forum. I use a Cannon XTi and am still learning new things with it!

Your layouts have been beautiful so far. Great photos. ;)

Welcome!!!

Welcome to this addictive place ! Your tips are great ! Love to see more of them !

That's strange - I was certain I had said hi - must have forgotten to have hit the 'submit reply' post!!

So, welcome to gds, looking forward to seeing your LOs in the gallery and getting to know you :)

6. Welcome, love to have someone around that can give us a few pointers!!

A big welcome to you. Congrats on your daughter to be. I have number 5 grand child due in 4 weeks. Sounds like you will fit in here really well. I also do a lot of work with photo shop. Restorting old photos is part of my job where I work. I just love it. Always looking to learn more, Been doing photo shop for a few years now but finding new things all the time. Look forward to seeing more of your LO's

Photo taken 17 December 2007

Welcome. Love the tips you have given and look forward to mine. My weakness is photo editing.

Kathy