shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: What does this need?

1. What does this need?

I searched through the CC gallery as well as the thread but neither has been visited in quite some time. This LO is just missing something but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe use patterned paper for the yellow? Part of my issue is I don't want it to be too 'girly' since my son is in the pics. The other is sometimes I just don't know what to do with the elements. This kit(summerwind) comes w/eyelets but I don't know how to make it look as if the ribbon is going through them. (I use PSP X2) I had planned on putting the journaling on the 2nd page. Anyway, here it is. Any help would be appreciated.
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...54&ppuser=8660
    *Wen*

2. It's a cute layout! Maybe make the size of buttons smaller and add a flourish?? Looks adorable to me..perfect colors for those sweet photos!

I agree with Debra. Shrink the buttons down. Other than that, it looks great to me!

4. OH and you could always add Real Alpha Elements to the title to give it a bit more emphasis. :)

I agree with Debra and Andrea as you have a great start. I'm a fan of 3 small buttons in the upper and lower corner and no buttons on the photos which by the way, are super cute.

Kathy

Your photos can be easily corected too (they are a bit underexposed). If you send them to me i can quicly apply my magic touch so they pop up more. Your kids are beautiful!!!
    Also try to add more shaddow to the photo frames (by clicking twice on the layer in the layer box). It will give you options on how you want to apply shaddows. It will make the photos stand out too (will give a bit 3-dimentional look)... But if you want me to edit your photos feel free to send them.

7. Thank you for your replies everybody, I'll give some of your ideas a whirl. I need to start collecting alpha. The buttons, I was trying to stay true to the template but I can see that they distract rather then compliment. I may try the buttons in the corners.

precious, I appreciate you wanting to help but it makes me extremely uneasy when someone takes my photo's without my permission. I understand your intentions are good but please ask first before you copy them. I hope you understand.
    *Wen*