shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Organizing Supplies

1. Question Organizing Supplies

So how do you guys organize your supplies?

Currently, I have a scrap folder, and then a bunch of folders for kits (1 per folder) and then I have an elements folder and inside that I have sub folders for ribbons, frames, word art ect......it just doesn't seem very effecient to me, and I'd like to get some other ideas.

Thanks!! :)
    Patty

Say Hello if'n ya wanna.....userID PattyN

i have all my kits sorted in designer folders. Its easier for me that way so i know whose kit I got the stuff from so that i remember to give credit lol. I do all my organising manually and when i find the time otherwise it all sits on my desktop till I do. Hugs
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

3. Hi Patty, both Alice and Deb have looked at the product called Digital Scraproom Software. Both said that if you are just starting out that it would surely be a benefit. And I hear that is another one so I'll do another posting on that one when I get the name of it..
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

4. Quote Originally Posted by HollyS View Post
    Hi Patty, both Alice and Deb have looked at the product called Digital Scraproom Software. Both said that if you are just starting out that it would surely be a benefit. And I hear that is another one so I'll do another posting on that one when I get the name of it..
    Thank Holly I appreciate it.....I just went through and browsed their website, it seems as though it's a really cool little program......
    Patty

Say Hello if'n ya wanna.....userID PattyN

When I started out I used to split kits into papers, frames, butons etc,, seemed logical at the time,, but I soon realised it was a duff system,, so now I have a folder for kkits,, and within that I have folders called whatever disk,, and favourites etc,, so when I buy a new kit it goes in a folder with the designer name and kit name, and goes into the folder for the latest disk,, and the preview files (copy of) go into a seperate preview folder,, numbered the same as the disk folder (hope that makes sense)
    once the folder is full enough, (and I have used all the kits at least once)I burn the kits onto a disk to back them up and either delete them off my hard drive or If I love a kit so much I know I will use it over and over, it goes into my favourites,, I then make a contact sheet with the preview files and label that to match the disk. If I ever need a kit I just flick through the previews and I know instantly where to find it,, well that's the idea anyway,, lol

6. scrapdragon, that sounds like a pretty efficient little process you have going.. might have to try that myself... at this point I have everything in folders by designer and my designs in individual folders that I just drag over to the ehd when I need more regulard hd space....

Thanks,, it seems to work good,, so far anyway,, an ehd is on my wish list for Xmas! So far, I have 24 dvd disks full of kits,,, eek! not to mention the 160gb hard drive which is almost bursting!

They're all sooooo purty though,,, I grabbed your lemon pie earlier,, yum!