shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any chronic insomniacs out there??

Any chronic insomniacs out there??

I have to admit that I'm a chronic insomniac! It seems like there is always something I need to do...and then I make myself sick over not getting any sleep, and I can't ever get to sleep anyway! It makes me crazy. Anyone else like that? Any suggestions for beating the insomnia?

Yes, me too...my mind just races if I have anything to do and can't sleep. It's 3am here! and this is still early for me. Right now it's worse as I'm sleeping a lot during the day because of my broken leg and the pain pills.

I have to stay away from ALL caffeine. If I have any tea or coffee in the morning it keeps me awake at night. I also found that getting exercise helps me sleep better. And also not getting over tired. Too many times I stay up way too late and that seems to make it harder.

I had just started to get back to a normal routine and then this broken ankle messed it all up. And it's tough when you have little ones that wake you up in the middle of the night from time to time. They fall back to sleep easily but not me!

good luck..and good night! :)
    Anita
    mom to Katie and Lizzie

3. Yep - one here too.

yup that's me.

I usually sleep from 4-5 to 10-11
    I got back on a normal scehdule then took a trip home for a week and messed it all up.

I'm always this bored at night but the minute i lay down im wide awake. it's 2 40 for me now so still early

5. Sounds like my schedule. :)

Good to know we got company out there lol

Me too! I'm a night owl by nature then if I have a lot to do (which seems like always), I just can't sleep because I keep thinking about what I shoud do\ need to get done the next day. Oh if only I didn't live in an apartment my nights would be so much more productive. Before I got married and lived alone, I would clean late at night. Yeah, I'm weird.

I had been having trouble sleeping all night without waking up three or four times so then I found if I stayed up later I would at least get a good 4 or 5 hours of sleep rather than 7 broken up hours. I'm usually up now until around 1:30 or 2:00 and then I seem to sleep soundly until about 6:00 or 6:30. And I don't hear the snoring from my DH anymore because I'm sleeping so soundly. LOL
    By the way Andrea how are you feeling?
    And Anita how is your leg doing?
    Elaine My Blog
    \

I have had a terrible time sleeping for several months now. I thought it was related to depression, but none of those meds have helped. Next Dr visit, I'm going to request a sleeping pill. It bothers me that I can't fall asleep in a reasonable time (sometimes takes 2 hours), and then I'm exhausted, which makes it so "easy" to fall asleep on the couch while the boys play.
    It was normal (before the insomnia started) for me to get to bed by 1am, then get up at 7am with my boys, and I would feel fine.
    ~~Julie P.~~

I just want to stay up all night, but don't want to get up in the morning either. Wish I could function on limited sleep.

Kathy