shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Recolouring tool

1. Recolouring tool

I found the colour replacement tool (CS3). I used it to recolour the letter to match my page. It was very easy and looked really cool. I have no idea how it does it or what it is changing technically but it worked really well. I love when designers give a swatch sample. I was using them to colour my fonts. Now I have an even better reason to want them.

Does anyone have an explaination of why the colour replacement tool works? Any tutorials on the "best" ways to use it?
    - Diamond
    My Gallery
    My Blog

I don't know technically why it works all I know is that it does. This was another one of those things that I learned from Andrea's CS2/3 class. Wow was that class ever worth every penny spent.
    Elaine My Blog
    \

That's another one of those amazing Photoshop features! When you are using the color replacement tool, Photoshop analyzes the color you are brushing over to determine how closely it matches the color you want to replace. Then, it just replaces the pixels! Very amazing!!

4. Andrea- I emailed my husband the link to your class. Let's see if I get it for a Christmas present. If not, I am fairly certain I will be taking the class at some point in the future.
    - Diamond
    My Gallery
    My Blog

Ha ha! It's money well spent! I'm in the intermediate class right now and love it. I'll be signing up for the advanced session next month too.