shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Blueprints HELP !

Question Blueprints HELP !

Three years ago, we have bought a house build in 1926. Recently we found the original plans of the house. They are, as normal for that timeperiod, in blueprint. The background is blue, the drawing itself is white.

Offcourse the quality isn't superb. I've scanned them all in at the highest resolution possible. Now comes my problem. We want them printed on canvas but not with the blue background (would look terrible against the wallpaper).
    Ideal I wanted it to look like those drawings from Leonardo DA VINCI.

How would you accomplish that ?

Thanks for any advice in advance !

my idea is to print the inverse. not sure what program you are using, but i know if photoshop you are able to invert a photo...making white things black and black things white. I can try to help too...if your program won't do the inverse. PM me with more questions if you like.
    just me, jessica

paint shop will invert colors too. If your using it tho I can't off the top of my head tell you where to find that option atm

I agree with Jessica...print the inverse. It should swap the lights and darks and make it appear better on canvas.

That was indeed my original idea...but the blue turns into bright orange...
    By the way I'm using photoshop CS2.

Thanks for your quick reactions !

well...you can then desaturate, or turn it to grayscale...

hope that helps more
    just me, jessica

That's what I was going to say!
    Desaturate it then inverse, then use a get vintage style or action to get the old timey look.

I wish I could find blueprints for my home. But I don't think they had them in 1860. lol