shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blending

Blending

Can anyone help me blend a photo with a backgound paper???
    I thought it would be so easy... it's not.
    Thanks!

Hi Mary, what program are you using? You can use the pattern stamp tool with a soft brush in Photoshop to accomplish this fairly easily. I don't know if PS elements has a pattern stamp tool, but I will help you figure it out if you let me know. :)

3. I use PSE 5.0 and the method is also fairly easy.

Tamara

4. There is a great tut on here my ABitDaffy, but I can't remember where I saw it... I think it's in the Oct. QOTC threads...

A quick easy way is to select your photo (marching ants) set feathering to 200 and click inverse, then delete. Lower the opacity on your photo a bit and then use a soft eraser to get rid of any edges...

Hope this makes sence...

great tips...I think this is one of the things where everyone has it own methods.

I usually play with the oppacity to get the effect I want.

6. Another method is to just use the overlay blending mode. Make sure your photo layer is over the background layer though. Don't know if this works with other programs, but it does with Photoshop I know.

Mary, here the tut I wrote:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...background.pdf

It's for Paint Shop Pro, but it should translate fairly easily to Elements....it talks about 3 different ways to do it - Feathering, Blending (Opacity), and Masks (I don't know about Masks in Elements), but the first two should work almost the same way in PSE.

If you need help, let me know, I've got PSE 4.0 on my box, too (I do walk on the wild side occasionally and venture in the world of Adobe )
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

this sounds like something that I might be able to handle...I will have to give it a try after the holidays

I am so sorry I forgot to mention I use PSCS2.
    I tried an overlay and the picture faded too much, so I know I am doing it all wrong.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Daffy, I am off to check out your tuts.
    Andrea, can't wait to hear from you about PS. I don't know what the pattern stamp tool is. I just found the gradient tool! lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by gigichet View Post
    this sounds like something that I might be able to handle...I will have to give it a try after the holidays
    Gwen--we actually covered one method to do this in the PSE course. Place your photo over your background, then with that layer selected, switch to your lasso tool. Set your feathering to 100 or above, then draw your shape that you want on the photo (it will indicate that edges that you want to get rid of). Then go to Select>select inverse, then hit delete. The part of the photo that you want to discard will disappear leaving your feathered photo.

You can play around with the feathering amount until you get it just the way you want. It is really very easy, once you understand what you doing.
    AmyLeigh