shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Should or shouldnt you??

Cool Should or shouldnt you??

I, as well as a lot of others, love to use our photos of family members etc etc in our layouts. Recently, I have been feeling really uncomfortable with using my kids photos or even ones that has other people in the photos with the kids. Now, I have seen some actually blur out the faces etc etc... my question is.. how do you guys feel? Have you been faced with a family member stating "you shouldnt be posting photos of the kids up on the web for everyone to see" ?

I have never been addressed the above yet. And just wondered, how you guys feel about posting up photos etc of your family etc.

Thanks
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

2. Well I don't know, but I definitely share your concern. This is an excellent question, to which I don't know of any clear answer, either way. Sorry, but other than not revealing any personal data in your galleries whatsoever, I'm no help here!
    Ila

Spending time is inevitable.
    You're going to spend your time doing something.
    It might as well be something you want to do.
    ~ Peter McWilliams

3. for my own children I have them posted...however in their bikini's I usually try to keep them tasteful, but there are some of the girls pictures (immodestly dressed) that I have covered up) All other children, I always put a black spot over as I don't have the rights to post their faces on the net.

The more and more Im seeing and getting emails about my children, the more and more Im tempted to start blackening out my children's faces. In my blog I've removed all but one picture of my children as some guy keeps coming back and leaving me comments such as "your kids are hot" *mad come'on they are 2 and 5! Give me a break! Since I've taken their picture off my blog, he's left me alone and hasn't said anything in there---its a good thing I can erase comments!
    Wendy
    ~The Name Behind Neverland Scraps~

Wow sensitive issue. I have my kids pictures posted in the galleries and on my blog and didn't really think much of it. Wendy you're blog story is scary though, and it makes me think. Nobody as far as family or friends has ever asked me about it or mentioned their concern to me. It's a tough one.
    Wife of 6 years, SAHM to Daelyn - 2.5 y/o, Stepmom to Hayley - 12 y/o
    My blog: Forever Fefchik

Wow yes Wendy.. thats what Im afraid of. I have showcased my kids in layouts on my galleries and blog. But I am really tempted to delete my blog and just use it for freebies and stuff I dont know. I have no interest in sharing my personal thoughts on there so it might not be worth having a blog. I dont know... i havent decided.
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

I always always always get permission from the parent before I post a picture of their child. Otherwise, I don't worry a whole lot about it. Maybe I should worry more.

7. I'm just not sure what to think of the things I've heard about that people have experienced. I do make sure to take precautions though and not put anything too personal regarding our whereabouts, etc. on my layouts.

8. Phoenix - Oh my I can't agree more. Some folks are sharing wayyyy TMI (too much information) on their blogs. Sure, life is full of ups and downs, but there are certain things that should simply be kept to oneself! lol Enough already on the personal stuff!

Wendy, I'm very glad you took your kiddoes piccies down. I know there are some real nutbaskets out there, and I'd certainly want to protect my kids from any possible threat whatsoever. Kudos to you!

Debra, I am with you, not quite sure what to think of all that is said that happens either. However, I do have a very good girlfriend online that is NOT a "drama queen" in the least, and she is honestly being stalked and harrassed by a total wacko. This wacko has gone so far as to make contact with other commenters on her blog, so my friend took down everything and just went away. Hopefully things will settle and this nut will bow out...but I'm afraid they won't, and my friend will continue to be persecuted. Shame, really a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    <snip> I have no interest in sharing my personal thoughts on there so it might not be worth having a blog. I dont know... i havent decided.
    Ila

Spending time is inevitable.
    You're going to spend your time doing something.
    It might as well be something you want to do.
    ~ Peter McWilliams