shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Well, I did it....

1. Well, I did it....

Yes, I was one of those millions that they talked about on TV who sat outside our local bestbuy all night just to get first dibs at a few great sale items. The main thing on my list was a HP laptop for my DH for $379. Now ask me....did I get it???? Nope. Cuz when I got there, the line was already 300 people deep. Did I know I didn't get it.... So that meant I still waited in line for hours only to find out right before the store opened that they had given out all the vouchers for that. Ugh....

Ok, now that i've got that off my chest....I did walk away with the other good sale items. But I'm not totally sure if it was worth my long wait on my feet without sitting and in the cold 45 degree weather ... oh and with no coffee! I guess I'll feel better when the lucky family members get my goodies :)

Now I'm off to la la land to dream of a white christmas...hah! Yeah right, NOT in florida!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

2. oh my goodness... $379 for a laptop, I woulda stood in line too! Sorry you didn't get it sis :(

on the other hand.. maybe i'm one of those lucky family members .. .

oh no! gutted you missed the laptop :(

OMG I so couldn't have done that! The most I did was sat my fat butt online and ordered something for 30 dollars and bath and body works just to get the free perfume. I was already planning on getting a friend a gift from there so it worked out for me.

So sorry....that is horrible that you weren't able to get that laptop! Glad you were still able to find some other goodies! Too early for me to go shopping, I stayed in bed and slept.... :)
    Michaele

I had no idea what "Black Friday" was until I read this thread. Sounds like the equivalent to our Boxing Day which is the day after Christmas. People stand in line for hours to fight over a few items that are offered at rock bottom prices. I usually stay home!

Sorry you didn't get the laptop!

Jennifer

I'm with Daniells mother: i cant be bothered queuing. Not good at it at all. Although at that price for a laptop I would have been tempted

8. Well, needless to say, I won't be doing that again!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Wow, Holly, sorry you missed the laptop. Great price! I didn't venture out Friday, too busy babysitting a sick kid. I did get up at 5:30 this morning though, so I could be at a store about 60 miles from our home to buy a gun safe for dh. The sale was 7 - 11 am. I was near the front of the line at the door when they opened at 7 to find they sold out yesterday & wouldn't be getting any additional inventory till after Jan 1st. Learned my lesson & won't be doing that again any time soon. Still not sure I understand that they sold out at full retail before the sale, lol.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

Yup we have boxing day here too michaele... day after christmas sale.
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)