shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

View Poll Results: How long have you been digi-scrapping?

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • Haven't ever

2 0.91%
  • less than 3 months

45 20.45%
  • less than 6 months

28 12.73%
  • less than 1 year

46 20.91%
  • more than a year

99 45.00%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How long have you been digi-scrappin?

Thumbs up

I have been digi scrapping since mid September last year. Before that I did paper scrapping, but always hated using up my favorite things and then not having what I wanted on hand.

I was pretty sick last couple of years and was finally forced to take a disability retirment. But I felt so tired all the time I didn't even turn on my computer for almost a year. In September of last year, I finally turned it on and was determined to learn how to use my PS 7 software. I felt like my brain was was just turning to mush now that I wasn't teaching any more. I started looking on the internet for tutorials on PhotoShop and discovered the world of digital scrapbooking. I read a few tutorials, downloaded some freebies and took the plunge a few weeks later and tried making my first layout.

I am addicted now--and as in paper scrapping, I am a paper junkie but now I don't run out of the colors I love any more. And my favorite discovery is Ctl-t
    to resize things. I make cards now (mostly to use up all my "stuff") but will never go go back to paper for my scrapbooks. I will admit though that after I have my pages printed, I sometimes will add hidden journaling tags to them and an occasional embelishment.

I'm just barely at the "more than a year" option. I started researching digi Nov '05, and made my first LO at the beginning of last year. I have been paper scrapping for 13 years.

I spent all of last year working on a 132 page album for my MIL (which is what got me into digi scrapping to begin with)

I still use my paper scrapping stuff, but not as often for pages - mostly for cards and altered items. I love combining both worlds - like creating a hand-made album and putting digi pages in it.

I have been digi scrapping since March 05. I just wish I was a faster scrapper than I am..LOL.
    Dawn

I voted for over a year ... I started when Asha was born ... really basic LOs but still. I started by using a free program that I had downloaded and then moved to PhotoshopCS .... I have jsut discovered sketch chellenges and I love them!! I don't have to think about where things go but just which papers I want to use! I just wish I had more time to do LO's.

Cheers
    Kelly
    Mad Mum of 3 wonderful kids ...

Emma (13), Jack (10) & Asha (4)

Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?

I have been digi scrapping for about 3 months.
    Never tried paper scrapping.
    I have been making tags and tubes with PSP before I "converted" to scrapping.

Carola

6. I have never actually done anything that I could finish, although I have been tryig for a couple of weeks...I have Never done any Scrapping at all! perhaps if I had I wouldn't find it so diffiutly, well that and a better PC...

7. Just starting. I've been wanting to get into so bad but family matters just haven't allowed the time until now.

I have always drawn and sketched etc but I didn't start digi scrapping until October of last year. Now I only do paper scrapping for family. I have been doing my LOs digitally then printing them so that I can make one each for my Dad and my sister. They haven't seen the boys in almost 3 years and my Mom passed away in '95 so they will really like having the traditional scrapbooks when I am done. My Dad doesn't have a computer yet either so paper is best for him right now.
    Visit my Blog for freebies

I been digi scrapping for about 4 years now. I can't go back either. I hate that there isn't an undo!

10. only for about a month now