shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

View Poll Results: How long have you been digi-scrapping?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • Haven't ever

2 0.91%
  • less than 3 months

45 20.55%
  • less than 6 months

28 12.79%
  • less than 1 year

46 21.00%
  • more than a year

98 44.75%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How long have you been digi-scrappin?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Victoria32 View Post
    Your Lo's are lovely Nachtstern, so being familiar with your program is a big help in creating wonderful LO's. Looking forward to seeing lots more of your work in the gallery.
    thank you!!

2. I base my start time about a month before I joined my first Digi Scrapping forum and so a little over a year. And its been the most fun I've ever had on my computer!

Quote Originally Posted by kayleighm View Post
    I base my start time about a month before I joined my first Digi Scrapping forum and so a little over a year. And its been the most fun I've ever had on my computer!
    I so agree! Definitely the most fun to be had on the computer

I voted "more than 1 year" but I haven't actually been producing layouts that long. I spent a lot of time "playing" with PSE and looking for/reading tutorials and collecting kits and tools. I've done more layouts since I started participating in the challenges here at GDS than I had done before. It truly is addictive!

Even though I made my first digi layout in 2007, I didn't make another until June of last year. And then, I was really working mostly with quick pages to make easy gift albums for my family. I didn't really get started with serious digi-scrapping until a few months ago.
    Mari

Proudly CT for:

I voted less than 3 months but have really only shopped for elements and tutorials during that time. Haven't really created anything yet.

7. Made my first digi page several months ago, but I'm moving slowly - reading tutorials and still doing paper scrapping most of the time. The things you can do with digital are really exciting, but also intimidating.

I voted 3 months because that's when I signed up for my first CS3 class (beginners). Previous to that I made greeting cards out of real paper using the computer to generate the designs/word art to put on them. But the program I was using was too limited (MS Picture It) so got CS3 and was overwhelmed by it's power, hence the classes. So after starting to learn the program I thought well, if I don't use it, I'll loose it and started to do pages. I now Love It and look forward to the challenges each month.

9. I found and joined this website August 2008. I downloaded the 30 day trial of PSE6, then bought it. I have been happily digi-scrapping since then! Before that I used to make real cards (like Scrappinsass). I have bought some paper scrapping stuff, but never found the time to use it! I am doing a project 365 for the first year of my son's life using Weeds and Wildflowers stuff and have been printing that out! So I have started using the albums that I bought.
    I really enjoy digi-scrapping, as you can move things around without risking the paper under the glue! It is very easy to make a card too!
    I enjoy the challenges on GDS as it keeps me motivated to scrap the millions of photos that we have!
    ~ Louise

It's been about 2 months for me. I posted my first LO in my first challenge on May 7th.