shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Printing out L/O's

  1. Printing out L/O's

    Hi, it's me again..... I was wondering if any one here printed out their finished layouts? If so, does anyone print out 12x12? And if so, how do you print? Your own printer?( Can personal printers even print out something that big??) An outside source? Target? WalMart? Costco? And if so.....and....and....well I guess that's enough questions for now.....

    So far, the few l/o's that I have done, have been 12x12, only cause I have the albums to accomodate those pages (I never quite got into paper scrappin) and I would like have those pages printed out so that I can admire my handiwork (not!) whenever my little heart desired....hee heee!!

    Patty
    Last edited by CrayonQueen; 11-16-2006 at 03:01 PM. Reason: forgot my name!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wanganui, New Zealand
    Posts
    810
    i have never done it and no not all printers print that big but yes you can buy a printer that will. Some go to outside sources yes. I cant help you on that though because i am from New Zealand and things are different here
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)



  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by CrayonQueen View Post
    Hi, it's me again..... I was wondering if any one here printed out their finished layouts? If so, does anyone print out 12x12? And if so, how do you print? Your own printer?( Can personal printers even print out something that big??) An outside source? Target? WalMart? Costco? And if so.....and....and....well I guess that's enough questions for now.....

    So far, the few l/o's that I have done, have been 12x12, only cause I have the albums to accomodate those pages (I never quite got into paper scrappin) and I would like have those pages printed out so that I can admire my handiwork (not!) whenever my little heart desired....hee heee!!

    Patty

    Glad you're having so much fun!

    I do all my layouts in 12 x 12 and it took me about a year to finally make the leap to printing... I purchased an Epson Stylus 1280 wide format printer from Staples for about $350 and also use 12 x 12 Epson digital scrapbook paper (matte finish) that I order from CompUSA online (half the price of the Epson website)... I was so amazed at how wonderful my pages turned out -- heck, I'm still amazed!!

    Let me know if you're interested and I'll get the actual link for you for that paper.... :)

    Also, lots of people use Walmart, Costco, etc. as well and seem pretty happy with the results. Just a matter of burning to a cd and submitting it for print and you can do online as well :) Hope that helps and please holler as often as you need to

  4. #4
    I print mine out on a HP 8750 (runs about 500 dollars) on satin something or other paper. It comes in 13 by 19 sheets so I do have to cut it down, was thinking of getting that epson paper though but the whole match the ink to the paper thing worries me. I have also had some done at costco and they do a great job.

  5. #5
    I don't print mine at 12 x 12 as the printers over here are twice as expensive as there, and even getting them printed professionally is a ridiculous price.

    So, I create my LOs at 12 x 12 but print them out at 8 x 8. Then, I either put them straight into 8 x 8 albums, or mount them on 12 x 12 cardstock and put them in 12 x 12 albums.

    Hope that helps :)

  6. #6
    If you do not wish to spend the money on a printer...others have used online services like www.sbtoshare.com.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.


  7. Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
    I print mine out on a HP 8750 (runs about 500 dollars) on satin something or other paper. It comes in 13 by 19 sheets so I do have to cut it down, was thinking of getting that epson paper though but the whole match the ink to the paper thing worries me. I have also had some done at costco and they do a great job.
    I have a costco very close to me, so maybe I will try to print out a page and see how it comes out. Have you issues with your printer not matching up the colours in your l/o's??

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Glad you're having so much fun!

    I do all my layouts in 12 x 12 and it took me about a year to finally make the leap to printing... I purchased an Epson Stylus 1280 wide format printer from Staples for about $350 and also use 12 x 12 Epson digital scrapbook paper (matte finish) that I order from CompUSA online (half the price of the Epson website)... I was so amazed at how wonderful my pages turned out -- heck, I'm still amazed!!

    Let me know if you're interested and I'll get the actual link for you for that paper.... :)

    Also, lots of people use Walmart, Costco, etc. as well and seem pretty happy with the results. Just a matter of burning to a cd and submitting it for print and you can do online as well :) Hope that helps and please holler as often as you need to
    Yes I would like the link to the paper please! Would you mind giving me the pros and cons to printing out your l/o's at home?

    Patty

  9. Quote Originally Posted by HollyS View Post
    If you do not wish to spend the money on a printer...others have used online services like www.sbtoshare.com.
    thanks I'll have to check them out!!

    Patty

  10. Quote Originally Posted by twirlyjoy View Post
    I don't print mine at 12 x 12 as the printers over here are twice as expensive as there, and even getting them printed professionally is a ridiculous price.

    So, I create my LOs at 12 x 12 but print them out at 8 x 8. Then, I either put them straight into 8 x 8 albums, or mount them on 12 x 12 cardstock and put them in 12 x 12 albums.

    Hope that helps :)
    I never thought about mounting them...what a cool idea, esp. since it seems that printing 12x12 is more expensive.

    Patty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •