shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What program are you using for sbing?

I use CS3 too. I had to buy the full licence so it was extra expensive.
    I'm a photographer and use it for my post processing. The student version can't be used for commercial purposes so I didn't have much choice, I had to fork out for the full licence. Same with Lightroom.
    I've been using Photoshop since version 4.1 (shows my age) so I'm much more familiar with photoshop than I am scrapping :)

Lately I've been playing with ArtRage. Haven't produced anything with it yet but it's a cool little program, really nice to use with some great effects. I love the glitter :)

I've used PSE4 ( actually uninstalled it a while back ) but I currently use Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus... I am starting to toy with the designing side of things so might install PSE4.0 on my laptop, but not really sure... I like SBC+ for my cards, pages, and bound books, so I'm happy w/o PSE for a while...
    ~Cariann~SAHM to Cameron and Nathan: Hybrid Scrapping Mom

Quote Originally Posted by pSyren View Post
    I use CS3 too. I had to buy the full licence so it was extra expensive.
    I'm a photographer and use it for my post processing. The student version can't be used for commercial purposes so I didn't have much choice, I had to fork out for the full licence. Same with Lightroom.
    I've been using Photoshop since version 4.1 (shows my age) so I'm much more familiar with photoshop than I am scrapping :)

Lately I've been playing with ArtRage. Haven't produced anything with it yet but it's a cool little program, really nice to use with some great effects. I love the glitter :)
    Yes, the full licence is expensive and as and when and if I decide to start to design (I dabble a bit at the moment ) I would then have to buy the full licenced version - for now I'm playing and practising with the student one!

ArtRage is FAB!!! I got a Wacom tablet for Christmas and it came free with it - and YES loving the glitter here too!

I use iScrapbook and occasionally CS2.

I started out using CS2, because I already had it kicking around.... but I also have an Intel Mac and CS2 just runs like molasses... My other issue with CS2 was the fact that I wanted some way to see what scrapbook papers and elements I had available, and I couldn't really do that easily using CS2.... so when that's all I had, I pretty much didn't digiscrap at all because it was frusterating...

I was inspired one day to see if there were any other interesting scrapbook specific programs, and I ended up stumbling across iScrapbook, which is a Mac only program.... There are some things that you can't do with it, but it's great for just doing quick layouts... it's all very drag and drop. It comes with a bunch of elements. It integrates with iPhoto as well, so if you organize your scrapping stuff with iPhoto, you can access it from the browser in iScrapbook.... it just makes things a lot faster and simpler for me... and since I have CS2, if I feel inclined to do something fancy, I can.

5. as of the moment i use adobe photoshop 7. am thinking of changing to photoshop elements though.

This has been interesting reading everyones comments. I started out about a year ago learning digi scrapping using Microsoft Pic. It v.7. It is great for basics but I finally decided I wanted to do more, so had PSE 3 and am in the process of learning it. Hopefully once I get more comfortable I will upgrade to a newer version, but I have heard that PSE v.6 has problems with bogging down and that it doesn't have all the kinks ironed out yet. Anyone else heard this?

Can anyone explain the difference to me between PSE 3 and Adobe Photoshop 7. I have it too, but have never tried using it.

I have mostly been using Microsoft Digital Image Pro. I did download a trial of PSCS3 and did like it for extraction but it sure has a steep learning curve and is very expensive.

I read a few posts earlier about ArtRage and went to their website. Looks like a great program but mostly for designing. Am I right?

jazzys mom