shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What program are you using for sbing?

Smile What program are you using for sbing?

Just curious if I am the only one using Scrapbook Max. I truly love it, but I am currently trying to learn PSE (in AmyLeigh's class).

What program are you using? What are your likes and dislikes ?

I've never used Scrapbook Max. I started using PSE 5.0 in March and have been very happy with it. It has a lot of versatility without costing an arm and a leg like its big sister Photoshop CS3. I can do pretty much anything I want with it except create actions (which I don't know that I'd attempt anyway) or use text paths---so for now, it does what I want it to.
    Paige

3. Quote Originally Posted by Pahina722 View Post
    I've never used Scrapbook Max. I started using PSE 5.0 in March and have been very happy with it. It has a lot of versatility without costing an arm and a leg like its big sister Photoshop CS3. I can do pretty much anything I want with it except create actions (which I don't know that I'd attempt anyway) or use text paths---so for now, it does what I want it to.

I've created actions in PSE 5, just on one LO, one time, to get miltiple photos all cropped to the same exact size, easily... But yeah, text paths would be cool! Otherwise, I love PSE 5 and am scared of it's big sister!

I have both PSE5 and PaintShopPro (I'm using version 8 but also have version 9)..and I have Microsoft's Digital Imagining Suite still in its box! For the most part I love PaintShopPro....it's easy to use and runs smoother and quicker on my laptop then anything else I have. Every program has it's ups and downs...it's a matter of figuring out exactly what options you need and use, and then finding the right fit.

good luck!
    Anita
    mom to Katie and Lizzie

I am also using PSE5.0 and pretty happy with it with the exception it has a steep learning curve, but it does seem to get a lot easier as I go. I hear that version 6.0 is out so maybe they will have added some of those features.

Quote Originally Posted by amysum1 View Post
    I've created actions in PSE 5, just on one LO, one time, to get miltiple photos all cropped to the same exact size, easily... But yeah, text paths would be cool! Otherwise, I love PSE 5 and am scared of it's big sister!
    Andrea has text paths for PSE in her store! Very cool and super easy to use. Some of her templates have text paths too.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...roducts_id=817
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...roducts_id=918

I started out with Scrapbook Max too. I loved it, but then I started to really want to learn how to do other things that the program just couldn't do. I realized that my computer had come with PSE 2.0, so I started to teach myself that. I like this program a lot, but I can't wait to upgrade. 2.0 is just so outdated. It doesn't even let me use the text paths that are already in Andrea's templates!

8. I'm always surprised to see so many people use so expensive programs... Do you all buy them?
    I use gimp because it's free and really powerful, make my text paths with inkscape (free also)
    little snowflake, scrapping with the Gimp
    my blog

I started with PS 7 and soon upgraded to PS CS2. That is where I do my layouts.
    But I started learning to design just recently and the classes are given in PI so I got PI 12 for my birthday...

And yes, we bought the software...

10. Quote Originally Posted by Antje View Post
    I started with PS 7 and soon upgraded to PS CS2. That is where I do my layouts.
    But I started learning to design just recently and the classes are given in PI so I got PI 12 for my birthday...

And yes, we bought the software...
    What is PI? and where are you taking the classes? Thanks!