shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Check out this new thread... :)

Hybrid View

1. Exclamation Check out this new thread... :)

I'm thinking with everything going on .... Our GDS Design Team could use a bit of inspiration!

So... I made this little section so we can all throw out any "wishes" we may have for something we'd like to see made for our use!

I'll even go first... I sure would love to have a kit with a 1950's / 60's theme... I have a few crazy pics of my parents from that time with things like their cars and skirts and bobby socks... I'd just love to have a kit that coordinated with it :)

And some of us were actually teenagers in the 50s and 60s, hee, hee! Oh, yeah - I do have the bobby socks photos, and the prom pictures, and, and....whew!

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bdjeepers View Post
    And some of us were actually teenagers in the 50s and 60s, hee, hee! Oh, yeah - I do have the bobby socks photos, and the prom pictures, and, and....whew!
    Thanks, Barbara! I was thinking the same thing!! LOL We'll have to shape up some of these young whipper snappers around here!

4. This is great, like making a Christmas wish list! I would love a new bath time kit. (I've been looking for one)

More than that, some very whimsical kits with unique elements, something different from the usual flowers and buttons, a kit with more of an altered, funky, fantasy feel, if that makes sense.

I love vintage fabrics and would love to see some more shabby chic type kits, and love the prints from the 50's, 60's and 70's even. I'm thinking the oil cloth and aprons with the reds and blues from the 50's, the mod stuff from the 60's and the green and harvest gold stuff from the 70's. If the elements matched the era, it would be so neat! Like the owls and stuff from the 70's, the kitchy 50's things like a pink and black kit with poodles, that kind of thing. It would be so great to scrap some of those old photos in the style of their era and I would scrap new pics with them too.

I love the grungy style - so I would love to see a grungy kit for little boys (or girls, even though I don't have any so far - LOL), maybe even with glittery elements...
    Most of the kits for little kids are very "fair colored", I can't find the right words for what I mean but something like "o boy" by oscraps.com just for smaller boys... - hope you understand what I mean...

6. I've been looking for something really funky too. 60's style, with lots of ago to it. Nothing "clean". Big buckles, paisleys, flowers, peace signs and wacky colors. Swirls and waves, like a kaleidescope almost...on a large scale.

Does anyone here design brushes? I love playing with them. Examples would be Rhonna Farrer's swirls and flourishes as well as doodly types. Also paper templates--grungy, fantasy, etc.
    Paige

Soccer with word art. And cool soccer elements and paper.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Pahina722 View Post
    Does anyone here design brushes? I love playing with them. Examples would be Rhonna Farrer's swirls and flourishes as well as doodly types. Also paper templates--grungy, fantasy, etc.
    HI Paige,

Yes, I have on my list to include brushes in my next "girly" kit. Maybe I'll take you up on the suggestion of a full brush set instead :)

Have you gotten a chance to check out the overlays in the store? The overlays work the same way and there's a good mix in there to take a look at :)

10. Unicorns!! I would love to see a Unicorn kit! My grand daughter and I both collect them.