shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've gained how many pounds???

I've gained how many pounds???

So, here I am at about 22 weeks in my pregnancy and had a doctors appointment and I''ve now gained a whopping 34 pounds, which isn't so bad when you're as tall as I am. However, I still have 16+ weeks to go! I'm putting the estimate around 55 total! It's just so hard to lose it! Anyone else carrying around some baby weight still?

Girl. I don't even want to go there.

I'm with Erin. I kept about 20 pounds after Gracie and then finally decided, what the heck I was just going to gain it again when I got pregnant again (okay, I realize that wasn't my smartest thinking day when I came up with that idea), so I just stopped trying to lose that. Then, along came Abbie and she's a year old and I still have those 20 pounds (plus 4) and I can't use the same argument again, because I'm pretty sure that we're done having babies :( ....so I guess it's time to get on the ball....
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

Today I signed up for the "Walk On, Rock On Challenge" at ivillage.com. It's a 6 week challenge that starts October 1st. Maybe we can get a support group together if anybody else wants to do it :)

http://diet.ivillage.com/workouts/ww...5j0gbl,00.html

I'm a grandmother does that mean that I can say I have extra baby weight on? :) Really though the older you get the harder it is to lose it, I weighed only 92 pounds when I got married, a whopping 119 when I was pregnant, full term, went home from the hospital weighing ten pounds less than when I got pregnant, now I look at food and gain it. I'm going back to the fitness center this week, had my membership on hold for the summer, definitely have to do more crunches.
    Elaine My Blog
    \

6. Oh I feel your pain! Sophie will be 5 months Oct. 11th. I gained 56 pounds (weighed 125 to start, ended at 176) and I lost all but 5 lbs., but still can't fit into any of my old clothes because now I am so dang out of shape! I am still wearing maternity clothes, ugh. Anyone need a spare tire??? I have one! I need a complete overhaul by Dr.90210 at this point. Add to that the post partum hair loss I am STILL having and boy am I a site for sore eyes!

I gained 30 pounds with my first, but it was only a net gain of 15 pounds, because I get hyperemesis (constant throwing up) when I'm PG. I lost all of it within 4 weeks, and was feeling great! Then when I went in to the doctor (on a military base) to get birth control, she suggested the depo shot. Great!
    Then I gained 30 pounds over the next month, and could NOT figure out why. The next base didn't have the shot in stock, so I went back to a low-estrogen pill. Fast-forward to after having my 2nd child, and I talk to my new doctor (not military this time) and ask about the depo shot (I still am NOT back to pre-baby #1 weight) and she tells me that it causes most women to gain weight. DING DING DING DING Holy crap! Why didn't my first doctor tell me that?? grrr!! It's been 4 years since that depo shot, and I have not been able to lose the weight. I just gotta face it, I'm never going to thin again.
    ~~Julie P.~~

The interesting thing is that...with my other babies, I delivered 6-7 pound babies plus whatever else you lose in delivery and I weighed the same before the deliveries as after! How does that work? Isn't baby plus all that other stuff at least worth 10 pounds?

I am still carrying baby weight around, and my 'baby' is now 7!!! Only joking - I lost my baby weight and was really pleased with my weight - back to what I weighed before having any of my girls. BUT, then almost 2 years ago, I quit smoking, and it piled back on! Am going to the gym regularly and am losing it slowly but surely! Have another weigh-in and measure next week, so will see how I'm doing then!

10. Sophie weighed 7 11 and after I gave birth I weighed more than I did before! I was so swollen and figured out it was from the epi and all the fluids. I sweat like a pig for a week afterwards and got rid of all that fluid. The ironic part is they thought Sophie was going to be huge so they induced me exactly one week early, and she was just normal sized.

You are a pro at this point Andrea! Enjoy your 2nd trimester while you can! Sometimes I think I want another but I'm 35 now and have a 15 year old daughter, a 5 year old step daughter and the baby and not enough bedrooms!!! Plus pregnancy did not suit me, I was sick the entire time.