shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Nikon D40 question

Hybrid View

Nikon D40 question

Ok, I don't pretend to know anything much about cameras....and yet I kind of have a complicated camera. So here's my question....all of the sudden, no matter what dial setting I use, when I attempt to take a picture, the shutter closes for a good 2-3 seconds and I end up with a blurry picture. What the heck have I done???? I think I just must have changed some settings by accident. I'm hoping that I could just simply push some kind of reset option to put all the settings back to factory (plan to get the book out to for the reset option) because I really didn't change much so I'm not concerned losing them.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Holly, Same thing happened to me with my nikon d50. I don't remember exactly what I did to fix it, but I'll take a look at my camera tomorrow to see if I can remember!

Holly, I have a Canon Rebel, but this happens to me sometimes when I accidentally click the button that turns the timer on instead of the instant shoot option.
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

That is exactly what it was ... I set the timer, thought I reset it, but didn't. Once I pushed the timer button a few times it reset and I was back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by lillypug34 View Post
    Holly, Same thing happened to me with my nikon d50. I don't remember exactly what I did to fix it, but I'll take a look at my camera tomorrow to see if I can remember!
    Beckie, not only do we like the same book, we have the same camera!

Kathy

6. it almost sounds like you had some kind of custom settings for exposure compensation