shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Anyone other than me from New Zealand?

Hybrid View

Anyone other than me from New Zealand?

Would love to hear from ya if you are from New Zealand and living here. hehe

Hugs
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

2. Well, I can be from New Zealand in my heart if you like :)

I was in a preschool meeting this week and there was the lovely "volunteer sheets" and one of them was for scrapbooking (did it last year... after discovering digiscrapping and was miserable! no offense to any paper scrappers) - Anyhoo, as I quickly passed the sheet to the next poor soul, someone said, "what, YOU'RE not going to sign up for that one?!"... I gave one of those "NOPE! Not ever" shakes of the head and another Mother said, "I don't do it that way anymore" and I got all excited thinking... Oh, I have to meet that woman! It would be the first time that I actually found someone in my area who might be a digiscrapper!
    Last edited by Debra; 09-08-2006 at 09:21 AM.

One could only wish! Debra boy have I been there I am still waiting for the day I find someone like me that is local I go goofy when they are as close as six hours away. One day maybe!

4. Debra, I hope you DO find her again! How fun that would be!

Melissa, I have a Dutch friend that is all cleared to immigrate to NZ, it is her and hubby's dream, and they have jumped through all the flaming hoops it takes to get approved to enter NZ. Just as they were planning to fly out in April, Hannah was diagnosed with a form of cancer, for which she has received treatment and is now awaiting progress reports after testing (these things take time). Anyway, she will be coming to NZ as soon as she is released (their visa's expire in January), but she doesn't have a complete grip on exactly where to settle yet, their plan is to travel for a couple of months first, find a great place and then settle. Since you're native to NZ (apparently), it would be so wonderful if you could give a little input on where's a good place to live. Her DH is a high ranking tech with a major puter firm, and can work anywhere, so that isn't an issue. Would love to hear from you on this, if you would care to PM me that would be awesome! Thanks so much, and again, welcome!
    Ila

Spending time is inevitable.
    You're going to spend your time doing something.
    It might as well be something you want to do.
    ~ Peter McWilliams

Awww Debra that is so sweet hun. Ila.......hmmmm thats interesting. Well, um, it would depend on what type of town they would like to live in. My hometown is not a major city but its kinda just right for me and the kids and also my family is here. With her DH being a high ranking tech... jobs would be available in a major city like Auckland or Wellington. I was born and bred in the south island. Its colder down there but I still call it home. (im in the north island now) Also, with hannah being sick... auckland would be the better option for her to stay close to a hospital. Im not sure on hospitals etc.. but yeah auckland would be the better place... Only thing I dont like about auckland is that its tooo big and full of heaps of different foreigners, more crime, and crazy traffic. Wellington, is the Capital of NZ, and I would prefer that city over Auckland. But I must admit I dont like Wellington either coz its too windy for me and the traffic is crazy. Wellington is called the Windy City coz its so close to the coast. Otherwise.. if DH is looking for a different career then that gives them the opportunity to move out to the country a bit where its much more beautiful to live in. Again, it depends on what they like.
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

6. Melissa, thank you for all the NZ input. She's learned about the hospital situation there, so that part is understood now, thanks! It's just that there are so many different KINDS of places to live there, they're undecided. I haven't a clue how far he would care to commute, but I know they love the country. They own trained Border Collies that are super shepherds, so I bet they opt for some countryside if they possibly can. Pretty sure they'll shy away from the city, that's why they're moving to NZ, to give the boys a better life. Thanks again!
    Ila

Spending time is inevitable.
    You're going to spend your time doing something.
    It might as well be something you want to do.
    ~ Peter McWilliams

I'm from New Zealand!! Dunedin to be precise

First time I have found anyone else from NZ on a forum. Yay. If we get enough people from this time zone, can we have our own chats?

Hi there Phoenix, I'm based in Tauranga - was originally Hamilton, but sunshine beckonned...
    Depending on layouts due, then yeah my hours on the computer seem to stretch a long way, my husband thinks I am completely mad. Recently went to Wellington for a holiday and found myself logging in at the library there to upload a layout that was due, I had completed it whilst on holiday on my mums old computer, LOL but yes, completely MAD.

So glad to some Kiwis here,

Cheers
    Hayley

Hayley - my daughter spent 6 months there a few years ago. They spent a few months working up in the Bay of Islands at a beautiful old hotel on the beach. They said there were rumors it was haunted! They lived in Paihia and Russell for a while before carrying on visiting the rest of the islands. She had a friend in the south island and visited with them for a while too. She just loved the whole kiwi vibe. When she got home, she wanted the whole family to move there!

Smile

Hi Darlene,

Okay, I can kind of understand your daughters sentiments, so many people seem to visit - then end up relocating! One of my friends has just done the opposite, and relocated "back" to Canada, to be with her folks.
    It's pretty special here, Tauranga is by the sea, but a two hour drive in winter and you are at the snow (not much snow compared to USA - but snow nonetheless). The beaches are fabulous, plenty to do.

As they say, there's no place like home!
    Hayley