shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Program Question?

1. Program Question?

I have both Photoshop CS2 and Corel PSP X on my computer. I'm a little more familiar with Photoshop CS2 with the tools, but becoming more familiar with PSP X .. I've heard the PS Elements is easier to use for digital scrapbooking? Is there any truth to this or is it more a matter of comfort?

This is a tricky question which everyone has their own opinion on!!! I use pspx an absolutely love it. I also have pscs but don't use it, unless i want to run a particular action! As far as PSE goes, there is not much difference between it and PSP, so if you are happy with using PSP, then I would stick with it - pse doesn't do much more than psp in my opinion.

I guess if you really wanted to try out pse, you could downlaod the 30 day trial, and have a play with it to see what you think :)

HTH :)

3. That's what I use CS2 mostly for.. actions. Hmm, I didn't know that about PSE, .. I think, for now, I'll just go with what I know :) Thank you for your reply!

CS2 will give you more variety in what you can do with your layouts. If you have CS2, I would suggest using it. It really is the best out of the bunch. There are a lot of actions out there that are for CS2 also and fewer for PSE.

And for what it's worth...PSE doesn't do text on a path :(
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyS View Post
    And for what it's worth...PSE doesn't do text on a path :(
    But Andrea does

7. Thanks for the advice :) I think, what I'll try for now, is doing a layout in PSP and one in PS CS2, just to see what works best for me.. then, I'll go look for more tutorials, lol

Just to add that my opinion was for a scrapper and not a designer! I know that PSCS has a lot more to offer to someone who is designing (although it is perfectly possible to design using PSP, cos I did and I know lots of other people do!!), but for general scrapbooking, PSP is more than adequate.

9. I'm going to play with both :) I'm familiar with them equally (if that made sense) and while I can do a simple layout? Designing, there is no way I'm ready, lol.

I think the reason why PSE is recommended so much is because it's less expensive than buying CS2 or CS3..... More or less, PSE is a "for home use" version of photoshop, and when people are looking at getting into digiscrapping for the first time, it's eaiser for people to stomach the $99.99 cost of PSE compared to the $649 cost of CS3. If you already have CS2 and/or PSP, that's probably better than PSE in the longrun.