shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: July color challenge

1. July color challenge

Welcome to the July Color Challenge!
    This is the 1st Color challenge without OUR Cath, and I wanted to honor and pay her tribute. Cath was not just a fantastic scrapper, my CT head, my right and left hands, she was a wonderful person, kind, generous, positive, that loved life and people. Cath above all was my friend, my teacher, my inspiration and support. I miss you so much Cath. Thank you for all the lessons you taught me, for all the advises you gave me and for being in my life!! You wil be in my heart forever !

For this month you will have to create a page, honoring her. You’ll have to use the palette below, and add a title with the word that for you best describes her, if you add a journaling , either your words, a poem, a song lyrics, it’s up to you. If you want a photo and don’t have please pm me and I will send it to you.

For those of you who did not know Cath, you can scrap a layout of someone you love that you would like to honor.

Our inspirational kit for this month's challenge is Bouquet de Bonheur. It was created to celebrate Cath’s birthday last May, with her favourite colors, and after, we decided it would go to charity. As it is a Charity Kit it will not be on the $2.00, but if you’d like to use it for the challenge and you can’t afford it, please send me a pm or email and I will issue a 40% off coupon.

Name:  maria-bouquetdebonheur.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  166.8 KB

Here's the palette for this month:

Name:  COLOR CHALLENGE.jpg
Size:  68.9 KB

Believe it or not I have a QP she created with this kit and that was not posted anywhere, I decided to use it as an exemple, as she did herself for so many months:

Name:  cath bdb qp1.jpg
Size:  137.8 KB

My Dear Cathy (britnkaysmemaw2 ) was so kind as to accept giving me a hand, she will be helping me with the color challenge from now on. See the amazing page Cathy did

Name:  md_bouqdebonheur_clrch_britnkaysmemaw2.jpg
Size:  108.0 KB

Your challenge is to choose at least 5 of the 7 colors and create a layout. Your page can either be made with the selected kit or any supplies within the palette colors.

(1) Your layout must be unique, and can only be used for this challenge.
    (2) Your layout also counts as one entry towards the Scrappin' 7 Challenge.
    (3) Use of GDS products is encouraged and greatly appreciated.
    (4) Please post your layout in the Color Challenge Gallery HERE .
    (5) Come back here and post what you created, and link it to the gallery, so we can all leave you some love!
    (6) HAVE FUN!

To help you with this challenge. There will be some kits matching the color palete included in the July $2.00 Tuesdays.
    Everyone who participates will receive a bonus at the end of the month, BUT if you use ONLY Maria Designs products you will receive a $3.00 Coupon to be used in Maria & Cath Store, til the end of August.

Posting Bonus for June:

Name:  maria-letfreedomring_color0714.jpg
Size:  94.1 KB

Hope Cath inspires you and that you enjoy this challenge.

Last edited by Maria; 07-01-2014 at 04:05 AM.
    Hugs

Beautiful kit and sample pages. Question: do we have to scrap a photo of Cath?? Is that what you mean when you say if we don't have a photo, ask you for one?

Maria, you know how I feel about OUR Cath... I will be back, I purchased this kit the day you released it... Not knowing it was created as a birthday kit for Cath. It spoke to me... I rarely buy a kit these days... But when I saw this one...

Cathy, a gorgeous tribute for Cath!!

Quote Originally Posted by bekfek View Post
    Beautiful kit and sample pages. Question: do we have to scrap a photo of Cath?? Is that what you mean when you say if we don't have a photo, ask you for one?
    Bekki, if you want to do a page about Cath with a photo you can... Just ask Maria for a photo, if you didn't know her well enough, then you can do a page about someone you knew and loved.

Okay, thanks so much, Vicki!

Thank You Vicki for answering this question!

Cath was one of a kind, and we all loved her so very much! She will be watching over us and loving all the beautiful layouts she is going to see this month!

Here's my page using your gorgeous kit, Maria! The poet's name is not known.

Name:  Memories_of_the_Heart.jpg
Size:  256.2 KB

When I saw the picture of Cath with her glasses on and her sunglasses on top of her head I had to smile! My kids always laugh cause I do the same thing. I tell them you never know when I may need them!
    Last edited by britnkaysmemaw2; 07-02-2014 at 06:24 AM.
    angmag55

Jean, this is beautiful! The poem is perfect and truly fitting for Cath.
    Thanks for scrapping a page for her!

Here's mine:

Name:  Cath.jpg
Size:  60.2 KB
    http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab112/mommadorian1/SpringSignature_zps6f99dcbf.jpg