shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: July Progressive Scrap Challenge-Let Freedom Ring

1. July Progressive Scrap Challenge-Let Freedom Ring

JULY 2014 PROGRESSIVE Scrap Challenge

Welcome to the JULY Progressive Challenge.

Vicki here, of Dana’s Footprint Digital Design, sadly we lost one of our favourite members 2 weeks ago, Cath (hivart). Cath loved the Progressive Scrap and was often the first to have her prompts posted… we will miss seeing her lovely pages progress.

The contributors for this months Progressive are, Ginger of Ginger of Gingers Scraps N Pixels & Darlene of Studio4 Designworks.

So let’s get to the task at hand and have some fun! The object of the Progressive is to complete one page over the course of three weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap and I know lots of you like speed scraps, but may not have the time. So here’s how it will work.

On the first of each month, Prompt 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions every 3 days.

The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next prompt. (Once you post a prompt’s results, you’re finished. Don’t change your work for that particular prompt.)

At the end of the third week, you should have a completed page!

It’s fine to start late or catch up if you miss a prompt. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. It’s more fun that way!

I will be giving you a download that consists of either papers or ellies to work with on each prompt. By the end of the Challenge, you will have a great little kit that was created by myself and Vicki of Dana of Dana’s Footprint Designs & Ginger of Ginger’s Scraps ’N Pixels.

——————————————————————————

So to recap – here’s the order:

1. On the first day of the month we will post Prompt 1. Then, there will be a post every three days with a new prompt.

2. Add only the items listed in the prompt given. You may add/alter shadows at any time.

3. Once you’ve posted your layout for that particular prompt, it is done and you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous prompt layout following the new step for the next prompt.

4. We will post the prompts sequentially in the thread. If you have missed a prompt, it’s fine to start late or catch up. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one.

5. Post your layouts no later than midnight (EST) of the day before the next step is due – this will be every three days.

6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery*HERE.

7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your creations and leave you some love!

8. In lieu of a posting bonus, by the end of the challenge, you will have yourselves a nice little kit.

9. This challenge counts towards the Scrapping 7 Challenge!

Here is the kit you will have by the time you are done – Let Freedom Ring. It coordinates with the lovely collab the designers have created this month along with Posting Bonuses for other challenges. You will have a lovely HUGE kit when you are done if you participate in all of the challenges!

Check out Ginger's Scraps N Pixels FB Fan Page for an extra mini to co ordinate with the Let Freedom Ring Progressive kit.

Name:  GSNP_FacebookFreebie.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  235.2 KB

For those of you who don't do Facebook and are doing our progressive scrap HERE is the direct link.

PROMPT 1[/B] Tuesday 1 July[/COLOR]

In download 1 there are 13 papers, choose , use one for your background, cut 2 shapes with the other two, the fourth one must be the worn/torn paper with text on it. Place them all how ever you choose.

DOWNLOAD

Post your first prompt in the*GALLERY*and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we’re all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.

Have your layout posted for Prompt 1 by Friday, June 4th, 4pm CST.

PROMPT 2 Friday 4th July

In today's download there are 2 frames, 1 4th July image, 1 bow tie & 1 book. You can use one of the frames, your choice, once. Use the 4th July image, book & bow tie all once.

DOWNLOAD

Post your first prompt in the*GALLERY*and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we’re all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.

Have your layout posted for Prompt 2 by Monday, June 7th, 4pm CST.

PROMPT 3 Monday 7th July

In today's download you have hanging stars, 1 foliage, 1 flower & 1 balloon. Use the balloon & stars once & the foliage & flower each at least 3 times.

DOWNLOAD

Have your layout posted for Prompt 3 by Thursday, June 10th, 4pm CST.

PROMPT 4 Friday 11th July

In today's download you have a bottle cap, a flower and string. Use the bottle cap and string once and the flower at least 3 times.

DOWNLOAD

Have your layout posted for Prompt 4 by Monday, June 14th, 4pm CST.

PROMPT 5 Monday 14th July

In today's download you have a butterfly, a ribbon, rockets & a banner. Use them all once.... getting a little crowded isn't it?? lol

DOWNLOAD

Have your layout posted for Prompt 5 by Thursday, June 17th, 4pm CST.

PROMPT 6 Thursday 17th July

In today's download you have a rocket, 2 journal tags, 1 plane with flag and a journal mat. You can choose to use one or all of the journal bits in todays download, you can add some journaling, date or any other relevant info. Use the rocket as many times as you like and the plane once. lol

DOWNLOAD

Have your layout posted for Prompt 6 by Sunday, June 20th, 4pm CST.

More...

Would you like another FB freebie in this color pallet?

Name:  GSNP_JulyTCF.jpg
Size:  342.4 KB

Each month I give out another Tea Cup Fairy for that month... after the end of the year I will add them to my store. But for those doing the progressive scrap you can pick it up HERE instead of going to my Facebook Page.
    Last edited by vicki23; 07-17-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Here is my Prompt 1.

angmag55

Can someone walk me though how to cut shapes from paper?

Thanks!!

Proud Creative Team Member for:

I figured out how to cut shapes!! Here's mine:

Name:  Prompt1.jpg
Size:  62.8 KB

Proud Creative Team Member for:

Wow.....just first let me say WOW again! This kit if FABULOUS! You ladies have rocked it!!!!!

Already love the starts I am seeing! And you gals are FAST!

I will be back......got to get all my ST leader duties finished before I can have any fun! LOL

Cathy

Fabulous pages ladies.. I forgot to add mine in... Will do it this morning.

Lovely papers to work with...

Here's mine ~ GDS_PS_JULY_1 @ http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...july-1&cat=708

Designing as Jemima's Digital Boutique I CT 4 Happy Scrap Arts and a Honorary CT 4 S2SS ~ "I will love thee, my Lord, as you are my Rock, my fortress, and my deliverer..." Psalm 18 v 1 & 2