shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June Font Challenge

1. June Font Challenge

Hi! Tricia of Seoul 2 Soul Scraps here. Welcome to the June Font Challenge!

I have an exciting challenge for this month. This idea was presented to me by Els AW and sounds like a lot of fun. She told me about a website called PaintFont where you can have your personal handwriting turned into a font for FREE!

So, your challenge this month is to use your own handwriting font for your journaling. If you do not have the equipment needed to print the template and scan your handwriting for the PaintFont service, I have a workaround for you. Simply write your journaling on a piece of paper, photograph it, and include it on your layout somewhere. The important part is to chronicle your personal handwriting. I think it is a great legacy to leave!

For participating in this month’s challenge, you will receive this tiny kit from Lyllah Raven Designs.

The rules for the challenge :

(1) Your layout must be unique, and can only be used for this challenge.
    (2) Your layout also counts as one entry towards the June Scrappin’ 7 Challenge.
    (3) Use of GDS products is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
    (4) Please post your layout in the*Font Challenge Gallery
    (5) Post the layout here in this thread and a link to it in the gallery so we can leave you some love.
    (6) HAVE FUN!

Please be sure to credit the designer’s kit/s when you post to the gallery. Please follow the terms of use for the font used in this challenge.

Layouts are due by midnight on June 30 in order to receive the prize!

More...
    Last edited by Seoul2SoulScraps; 06-01-2014 at 06:36 AM.

This sounds partly torturous and partly super fun! ... I've been putting off doing it, so I might as well do it for a challenge, right? Thanks for the challenge!

Now this is interesting. I have read the info on the site, now to figure out how to do it! :)

I keep getting the message that my file is too big, when I scan it. I'm scanning grayscale at 300dpi. Anybody else having the same trouble?

Update: I figured out how to get it scanned and uploaded to my font program. When I try it, on a sample page in PSE8, the first character is in my handwriting, but the rest is a standard type. I wonder if this is beyond my ability. :)
    Last edited by mommadorian; 06-01-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Dorian, I have only read thru it, but am wondering if we need to actually use our own handwriting on every character.

Els.....if you have done this, can you give us any help/advice?

Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    Dorian, I have only read thru it, but am wondering if we need to actually use our own handwriting on every character.
    I printed out the template and wrote out each letter in my handwriting. Then I scanned it and uploaded it to their website.

Thanks Dorian, i presumed that is what it was telling us to do!
    Now to get my scanner working!

8. I already bought a font last year of both my handwriting and that of my then 6 year old son. So I will try and find time to do this challenge.
    Kim Goodman

I proudly CT for Arizona Girl, Amy's Designs, Digi Cyber Scraps, KapiScrap & Art, Karen Diamond Designs, Leaving A Legacy Designs, Ponytails Designs, Queen Bee Scraps, Scrapiness Designs, Double Trouble Scraps and Winsor Digi Designs.

Everything easy peasy until I scan to their site. They keep rejecting it saying they cannot read one of the barcodes. I will try again tomorrow - could be my printer is not filling in all the barcode lines properly.
    This is so cool - thanks so much Tricia.

Quote Originally Posted by mommadorian View Post
    I printed out the template and wrote out each letter in my handwriting. Then I scanned it and uploaded it to their website.

Quote Originally Posted by 6grand View Post
    Everything easy peasy until I scan to their site. They keep rejecting it saying they cannot read one of the barcodes. I will try again tomorrow - could be my printer is not filling in all the barcode lines properly.
    This is so cool - thanks so much Tricia.
    I got the same message. I tried a couple more times, then it worked. I didn't do anything different, so I'm not sure why all of the sudden it worked.