shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iNSD Special Challenge with "Love You Mum" mini

Here's mine, I finally got a chance to download all the lovely parts and get mine done.

I lost my mum in 2006. I miss her a great deal even though we didn't see each other a lot, about once or twice a year. I miss not being able to pick up the phone and talk to her or go and see her, I never realised till she was gone how much I would miss hearing her voice.
    Last edited by vicki23; 05-03-2014 at 04:12 AM.

I'm bending the rules a little bit ... I just really can't do a "why I love you" page about my mother. It just feels dishonest. But I can do a sappy, heart-felt page about my mother-in-law. I miss her dearly. She died in 2003, and I still feel a huge wave of grief if I think about it.

Here's mine. It's kind of a hot mess, lol, but I used at least one item from every designer who contributed to the hop. Of course I duplicated a bunch, too.

My journaling didn't show up in the gallery *grumble grumble*, so here it is for anyone who can't read tiny print :)

Journaling: Anyu’s children always knew they were loved. No matter what they did. Even if they were in trouble, and she was mad, they never doubted her love. I felt it, too, when I became her daughter through marriage. She loved me no matter what and was very much the mother I never had. She’s been gone over ten years, and I still miss her terribly. I wish I'd had more time with her to learn how to always make Brooklyn feel loved.

Bekki, this is lovely. It is fine to journal about your mil... I wasn't that close to my mum, she left us when I was 15, that is why I only ever saw her about once a year. I do miss her, but not like I do my Dad, he was both mother and father to my younger brother and I and his loss is still felt today nearly 18 years on.

Quote Originally Posted by vicki23 View Post
    Bekki, this is lovely. It is fine to journal about your mil... I wasn't that close to my mum, she left us when I was 15, that is why I only ever saw her about once a year. I do miss her, but not like I do my Dad, he was both mother and father to my younger brother and I and his loss is still felt today nearly 18 years on.
    Aww, that makes me sad and happy for you all at once. Sad that your mother left, sad that your dad is gone, and happy that your dad was able to do/be that for you and your brother.

I'm not bitter about it, I loved Mum and she loved us, but Dad was 13 yrs older and they moved to his home town and Mum had no family and 3 young children, Dad was a Guard on the railway and was away overnight a lot. As we grew up she felt isolated and alone which turned to depression. When she left she moved to where her sisters & father lived. We went and stayed with her during school holidays, she was happier, we were happier and Dad was happier.

Again with the sad!!!

Seriously, though, I admire that you can understand why she did what she did. People do the best they can, but sometimes it's hard to see.

I Love my Mom more today then when I was growing up! She suffered from depression and I mean severe depression when I was a teen. But when I got older I thought oh my God who wouldn't! She went through a very bad 1st marriage with my Biological Dad. Then when she had her first child with the man I will always call Dad my brother was born with Cerebral Palsy and he is Mentally Challenged. Then when I was 14 our home burned to the ground and we lost everything but the clothes on our backs! She had back surgery and was told without it she would never walk again after a fall outside of church when her high heel got stuck in the crack of the sidewalk! So when I was a teen I did not understand all this but now I do! I Love Her for who she is and what she had to over come! We will Celebrate her 85th Birthday May 26th 2014 with a Big Birthday Party June 22nd in Minnesota! This photo is from her 80th Birthday! I am very fortunate that she is still with us!

Image is linked to gallery.

Last edited by angmag55; 05-03-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    angmag55

Peggy what a lovely photo and layout. Depression is such an awful thing and back then it was never talked about or understood. What a strong and wonderful woman your Mum is. I hope she has a wonderful 85th birthday!!!

Beautiful tribute page Cathy.