shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April 2014 | Be Ispired! Challenge

Hybrid View

April 2014 | Be Ispired! Challenge

Here I am again with Be Inspired Challenge!

Your part is to scrap a layout about what inspires you from the picture I chose below:

(image taken from pinterest)

How can you get inspired by it?

Additional info:

(1) Your layout must be unique, and can only be used for this challenge.
    (2) Your layout also counts as one entry towards the Scrappin' 7 Challenge.
    (3) Use of GDS products is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
    Feel free to use past posting bonuses you have previously received or any GDS product!
    (4) Please post your layout in the Be Inspired! Challenge gallery HERE
    (5) Come back here and post what you created, and link it to the gallery, so we can all leave you some love!
    (6) HAVE FUN!

Everyone that submits a layout for this challenge will receive my part of our April "Today is a Great Day" Posting Bonus collection! The more challenges you do the more kits you get which equate to one great coordinating kit at the end!

Here's the part you will receive created by me:

Have fun!!

2. Going to give this a try! Challenge is all good...new girl in town, aka Fifi or Ferryl Simonian

Welcome, Fifi. Let's get inspired!

4. I made this layout as the hanging stuff reminded me of length, which is why I chose a longer skinnier layout, and all dressed up....self explanatory.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. So, the picture you posted made me think of fashion, and when I think fashion, my mind immediately goes to pictures of my kids and some of the wacky ensembles that they put together. While this may not be really wacky, I think this picture is hilarious and knew I had to use it for this challenge. So, here is "Toddler Fashion" using the {Spring Reinvented} kit from JB Studio here at GDS. I used the {Blue Ribbon Champ} template from LissyKay Designs. The page border and blue rubbings in the background are from the {Lucky to Have You} kit from JB Studio.

Name:  karissa_JBS_SR_LKD_BRCweb.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  140.3 KB
    ~*~ Geri ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by carsmom53 View Post
    So, the picture you posted made me think of fashion, and when I think fashion, my mind immediately goes to pictures of my kids and some of the wacky ensembles that they put together. While this may not be really wacky, I think this picture is hilarious and knew I had to use it for this challenge. So, here is "Toddler Fashion" using the {Spring Reinvented} kit from JB Studio here at GDS. I used the {Blue Ribbon Champ} template from LissyKay Designs. The page border and blue rubbings in the background are from the {Lucky to Have You} kit from JB Studio.

Name:  karissa_JBS_SR_LKD_BRCweb.jpg
Size:  140.3 KB
    This is lovely and funny. I really like your take on the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by TinTin View Post
    I made this layout as the hanging stuff reminded me of length, which is why I chose a longer skinnier layout, and all dressed up....self explanatory.
    I love your take on the challenge.

I was inspired to do a layout from the 1970's. The photo made me think of older photos, but not as old as vintage, so I dug out an old, very unhappy, photo of myself...Name:  Wenche-in-the--70's_edited-.jpg
Size:  110.3 KB

These are nice layouts. I'm so happy you joined us.

Oh, norkinus... poor you!

This is my answer to this challenge,
    Name:  Be_inspired_the_sum_of_the_parts_web.jpg
Size:  199.4 KB

There were several things that inspired me about the Inspiration photo. One was that several separate items coming together in to a cohesive picture. I was also inspired by the orange, brown and beige color combo. But in the end without trying, I ended up with a few things about the layout that unknowingly mirrored the inspiration. There was the angle of the hat, the milk connection and each item in the layout including papers, stamps etc were all selected from individual kits. I decided to use one item from each kit, or freebie, I downloaded in the first week of April and see what I could achieved. I did not distinguish between whether I bought the kit or it was a freebie, or whether is was a kit, mini kit, or just a free cluster or stamp. I started at the first one in the folder and continued down alphabetically till I reach the last one. I managed to use something from ever download folder with one exception. I only need to recolor two items, and I was amazed at how the different items blended. It was sort of an extra challenge to myself to not skip any,.