shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Has to be a better way

Has to be a better way

I use PSE8. When I drag paper to a new or current layout, I have to resize it. It's always huge. For example I scrap 12"x12" pages. After I drag the paper in, I have to grab the corner and drag it smaller. I have to do this over and over until it's the same size as my layout.

Am I making more work for myself?

Proud Creative Team Member for:

2. You are using 12x12 at 300dpi, or 3600x3600 pixels. And the files you are putting on the page are that size as well, right?

LilyAnn's onto something ... whenever I inadvertently have a file open that's smaller than those measurements, and I try to drag in papers or elements, that's what happens to me. They're so much bigger and have to be resized.
    Glitter compliments of Penny (pennysan) -- thank you, Penny!

When I open PSE to do a new layout, I start with File; New; Blank File; preset choose Scrapbooking, 12 x 12 with a transparent background.

then you can drag any papers you open directly to that file and build your layout there.

I just checked what size mine were. The paper and the layout are both 12x12, but the layout was 72 ppi. I changed that to 300, like the paper, and it fit right in. Is that what my problem was?

Proud Creative Team Member for:

6. Yes it was. Glad we were able to help.