shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Has to be a better way

Has to be a better way

I use PSE8. When I drag paper to a new or current layout, I have to resize it. It's always huge. For example I scrap 12"x12" pages. After I drag the paper in, I have to grab the corner and drag it smaller. I have to do this over and over until it's the same size as my layout.

Am I making more work for myself?

2. You are using 12x12 at 300dpi, or 3600x3600 pixels. And the files you are putting on the page are that size as well, right?

LilyAnn's onto something ... whenever I inadvertently have a file open that's smaller than those measurements, and I try to drag in papers or elements, that's what happens to me. They're so much bigger and have to be resized.

When I open PSE to do a new layout, I start with File; New; Blank File; preset choose Scrapbooking, 12 x 12 with a transparent background.

then you can drag any papers you open directly to that file and build your layout there.

I just checked what size mine were. The paper and the layout are both 12x12, but the layout was 72 ppi. I changed that to 300, like the paper, and it fit right in. Is that what my problem was?

6. Yes it was. Glad we were able to help.