shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ***April PROGRESSIVE SCRAP CHALLENGE***

Talking ***April PROGRESSIVE SCRAP CHALLENGE***

APRIL 2014 PROGRESSIVE Scrap Challenge

Welcome to the April Progressive Challenge. I am Vicki of Dana’s Footprint Digital Design, I will be your host this month .
    Hosted by Ginger of Ginger of Gingers Scraps N Pixels & Vicki of Dana's Footprint Digital Design

So let's get to the task at hand and have some fun! The object of the Progressive is to complete one page over the course of three weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap and I know lots of you like speed scraps, but may not have the time. So here's how it will work.

On the first of each month, Prompt 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions every 3 days.

The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next prompt. (Once you post a prompt’s results, you’re finished. Don’t change your work for that particular prompt.)

At the end of the third week, you should have a completed page!

It’s fine to start late or catch up if you miss a prompt. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. It’s more fun that way!

I will be giving you a download that consists of either papers or ellies to work with on each prompt. By the end of the Challenge, you will have a great little kit that was created by myself - Vicki of Dana of Dana's Footprint Designs & Ginger of Ginger’s Scraps ’N Pixels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So to recap - here's the order:

1. On the first day of the month we will post Prompt 1. Then, there will be a post every three days with a new prompt.

2. Add only the items listed in the prompt given. You may add/alter shadows at any time.

3. Once you've posted your layout for that particular prompt, it is done and you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous prompt layout following the new step for the next prompt.

4. We will post the prompts sequentially in the thread. If you have missed a prompt, it’s fine to start late or catch up. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one.

5. Post your layouts no later than midnight (EST) of the day before the next step is due - this will be every three days.

6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery HERE.

7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your creations and leave you some love!

8. In lieu of a posting bonus, by the end of the challenge, you will have yourselves a nice little kit.

9. This challenge counts towards the Scrapping 7 Challenge!

Here is the kit you will have by the time you are done. It coordinates with the lovely collab the designers have created this month along with Posting Bonuses for other challenges. You will have a lovely HUGE kit when you are done if you participate in all of the challenges!

Today Is A Great Day

Name:  dfdd_TAGD_fullprev.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  175.8 KB

OKAY - HERE WE GO!

Tuesday April 1st
    PROMPT 1.

Zip one has eight papers in it. Choose one as you background, then choose five other papers & cut them into strips, they can be short, long, thin or wide. Then stack them on top of each other. Place them where you want them… we are going to place our photo on them so be mindful of where you place them.
    DOWNLOAD HERE

Post your first prompt in the
    GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 1 by Friday, April 4th, 4pm CST.

Friday April 4th
    PROMPT 2.

Zip 2 has stitches, lace, ricrac and a doily. Use the stitches on your paper layer, can be more than once if you like. Place the lace and ricrac amongst your paper strips. Place the doily where ever you choose.
    DOWNLOAD HERE

Post your second prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 2 by Tuesday April 9th, 4pm CST.

Tuesday April 8th
    PROMPT 3.

Zip 3 has a scatter, 2 frames, 2 flourishes, a piece of tape, & a stapled ribbon. Choose one of the frames & a flourish… just one of each. Place them on your paper strips, you may angle them if you want. Place the scatter where ever you want. Then choose either the tape or ribbon and attach it to you frame.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Post your second prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 3 by Friday April 11th, 4pm CST.

Friday April 11th
    PROMPT 4.

Zip 4 has a diary, a vintage image, a flower and leaf. Place the diary on or under a corner of your frame. Place the vintage image where you like. Use the flower 2 times and the leaf 3 times.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Post your first prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 4 by Tuesday, April 15th, 4pm CST

Tuesday April 15th
    PROMPT 5.

Zip 5 has 2 flowers, a leaf and a brad/button. You may use them each as many times as you wish to create a cluster somewhere around your frame.
    DOWNLOAD HERE

Post your first prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 5 by Saturday, April 19th, 4pm CST

Saturday April 19th
    PROMPT 6.

Zip 6 has 1 brad, a tag, a heart, and a bird. Place the brad where you want. Then you can choose to use either the heart or the bird.. or both if you like. Placing where you want. You may add your photo now too. Place the tag somewhere near the cluster. To finish add some journaling to the tag and finish the sentence “Today is a great day…” Don’t forget to add your shadows if you haven’t already!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Have your layout posted for Prompt 6 by Wednesday, April 23rd, 4pm CST.
    Last edited by vicki23; 04-19-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Here's my prompt 1.

My layout in the gallery has a piece of lace in it... it was an error!! I fixed it for this one but not the gallery.

.Name:  AprilProgressiveScrap.jpg
Size:  177.2 KB
    Last edited by vicki23; 04-01-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Lovely kit Vicki and Ginger!

Prompt 1

Name:  gds_apr14-Prog-Scrap_prompt1.jpg
Size:  111.9 KB

OK ...let me read the instructions and I'll be back...mmmm.. wonder what rebellious
    or silly thing I can do with the Progressive this month???? another mmmmm
    Love the mini...thank-you Vicki and Ginger.

Proudly creating for Dana's Footprint Digital Design, Ginger's Scraps N Pixels

5. Hello, I'm a newbie, but only to this Forum, and this kind of challenge. I do know Birdee and Chris (2chmd) and have some of Chris' great stuff... Looking forward to this as a fun challenge! Ferryl, aka Fifi

Jump in Fifi, this is a fun challenge.

Here is my Prompt 1. Thanks Vicki and Ginger!
    angmag55

Here is my prompt 1.

Name:  April_progr_chall.jpg
Size:  110.1 KB

Beautiful!!!!
    I love the kit!!!

Smile

Last edited by Blackthorne; 04-02-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Love

Helga

http://www.meineherzensdinge.npage.de
    http://pinterest.com/HBlackthorne/
    Breath away.