shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: March Progressive ART JOURNAL Challenge ~ Come Join the Fun!

BEAUTIFUL!!!! they are both coming along great!

Quote Originally Posted by hivart View Post
    Hi Christina and Ladies, here are my 2 los for week 2:
    Attachment 6777
    the rebel one:
    Attachment 6778

I love breaking the rules!!!
    I have so much fun in your challenge!
    Thanks for the last coupon and for hosting as well, Christina!!

You dont have to buy a stash builder if you dont want too! I send out the coupons so everyone can get 50% off if they want to purchase one!! you can use anything from your stash...let me look around for some tuts for you! with most things with PSE if you just google what you are trying to do..put it like this " distressing in PSE 8 tutorials" and it will usually come up with a bunch..same with YouTube..TONS out there! So dont get discouraged!!! A really simple way to distress that I use all the time is the "Burn" tool. it looks like this Name:  burn.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  8.1 KB this is how i have mine set up for midtone colors Name:  burn 2.JPG
Size:  19.3 KB you use it just like a brush you can change the shape..opacity etc with it. Here is a little thing that tells you about them HERE

Another way to change the look of your image is by using overlays and textures. Andrea Gold has some AWESOME overlays that I use all the time...so does Sweet Made there is a whole catagory here at GDS that is OVERLAYS if you havent used overlays before..very easy to do. You just drag them over to where you want to use it..then use your blending modes and opacity for the desired effect

I really really recommend the photoshop elements classes here at GDS..i took them when i was first starting with PSE and they really help you find your way around the program!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mommadorian View Post
    I'm pulling my hair out with week 2. I'm so new at photoshop elements, I can't even figure out how to distress an element. Also, do I have to buy stash builders to do this one?

- loving this challenge Christina. TOTALLY out of my comfort zone - but I am quite enjoying it!!!
    Here is what I came up with for week two:

I used the fan accent three times with Pin Light Blending mode on two of them and the Darken Blend mode on the top right one.
    I found a picture of an Aster from morguefile.com, extracted and recolored it three different colors. Ephemera items include a ticket, marriage license paper and picture tucked behind the lattice. I also added glitter sparkles on top of the border. I played with the shadowing and added an extremely exaggerated shadow for the flowers and the lattice work. (size 32, distance 267, opacity 30%)..............what fun!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 6grand; 03-09-2014 at 04:11 PM.

I feel this may be too busy but will wait for next instructions and then decide what to do with my page.
    My Birth flower is the waterlily - own photo from my farm
    reeds Gingers Scraps N Pixels- I applied a style that suited the background paper; the metal dragonfly is by Couric Designs - I changed the hue 3 times; photo envelope Dana's Footprint Digital Design and note paper from family
    memorabilia. link to gallery
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...2298&nocache=1

Dang girl! This is fabulous! I'm speechless! You don't need need instruction you're a natural!

Quote Originally Posted by hy ellen View Post
    I feel this may be too busy but will wait for next instructions and then decide what to do with my page.
    My Birth flower is the waterlily - own photo from my farm
    reeds Gingers Scraps N Pixels- I applied a style that suited the background paper; the metal dragonfly is by Couric Designs - I changed the hue 3 times; photo envelope Dana's Footprint Digital Design and note paper from family
    memorabilia. link to gallery
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...2298&nocache=1

Hi AJers! Your pages are wonderful!

I decided to use one of my morning glory photos. I extracted the blooms after running the picture through my Fractalius filter (PS plug-in) and used SB Bundle and SB DD Mini. :)

Name:  2chmMar_Week2_2Birdee.jpg
Size:  127.6 KB

7. My flower is a Violet and I have chosen a vintage bouquet and a Faerie for my accent as my granddaughter Violet loves faeries.here`s my week 2:

Name:  Art_Journal_Mar_wk2-003_Large_.jpg
Size:  99.2 KB
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...eek-2&cat=1401

Thanks Christina for your sweet comments.
    Guess we will keep trying to teach this old dog new tricks, LOL!

9. Name:  page 2 1.jpg
Size:  965.3 KBName:  page 1 1.jpg
Size:  717.0 KB
    I did two layouts for this one....the stash builders are great, but I had such a great idea for the picture I found I had to do a go it alone one as well :)
    So here are my two with and without the stashbuilders

10. And here is my week 2 for both layouts.
    The stash also has some of the freebie link stuff you gave, the other is all from the same mini that I love.
    Attached Images Attached Images