shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Hello from Malaysia/Singapore

Hybrid View

Talking Hello from Malaysia/Singapore

Hi ladies! i've hung around here for a while but never really introduced myself so here goes.

i'm Diana, i grew up in the sunny island state of Singapore, in the middle of Southeast Asia. After getting married, we moved up to Johor Bahru, Malaysia, a sleepy city just a bridge away. Nobody else here does any serious scrapbooking so it does get lonely, but i'm glad i can 'hang out' with you folks and share my scraps.

One funny thing about me - over the year plus i've been scrapping, i've somehow turned into an 'album scrapper'. i have so many ideas for albums and projects like my wedding album, my honeymoon album, and annual birthday albums for my kids, i hardly ever have time to do standalone pages, except for the layouts i do as a guest CT for Maria Designs. Anyone else here the same?

Hi Diana
    Nice to see you here and learn a little about you.

Hi Diana - so nice of you to introduce yourself. I have definitely seen some of your pages in the gallery - especially your wedding and honeymoon photos. They are so lovely!

The thing about digi-scrapping, is you don't necessarily need friends around. You have friends here - LOL!

Yes, I do albums too and actually, that's how I started - many years ago - creating albums for my family. It's something that's so nice to share - with everyone.

Glad you're here and look forward to seeing more of your "albunms" in the gallery!

Hi Diana!
    Nice to read some more of you.
    I admire your albums, love the one you are making for your wedding and the one you showed for your daughter!

Would love to see it in real when it is finished!

I make stand-alone LOs, but I bundle them in an album.

For my grandson (born in march) I am making an album with an animal alphabet. Want to give that for his first birthday.
    creative greetings,

5. Hi Diana & welcome to GDS

I would love to know more about your albums - I would to put one together one day

I CT for Happy Scrap Arts, Honorary CT Member 4 S2SS, Scrappiness Designs & an Advertisting Assistant 4 SNSD ~ "I will love thee, my Lord, as you are my Rock, my fortress, and my deliverer..." Psalm 18 v 1 & 2

Thanx for the warm welcome, ladies! It's fun to learn about how different people approach this form of art, and it's true that albums make for such wonderful keepsakes and gifts!

Els - i LOVE your idea of an alphabet book! i was thinking of making a nursery rhymes book for my daughter, but guess that will have just have to join the queue of album projects i've already got lined up. And i forgot to mention that i'm also a weekly Project Lifer, and i do SPREADS, so i'm basically setting up to kill myself, kekeke!

Jemima - besides the past birthday albums for my kids, everything else is a work in progress! Perhaps when i finally finish one! Hehehe! Maybe it's because of my background in publishing, but when i embark on an album project, i usually take some time to sit down and plan everything out. i actually draw page thumbnails of what each page will be about, and then make drafts of each page in photoshop with just the raw photos and perhaps a caption. As i carry on working, i flesh out each page slowly, page by page, until i have the entire album as planned in the page thumbnails. And because i'm a slow scrapper, the entire process can take a VERY long time. =P