shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: October Progressive Scrap

October Progressive Scrap

October PROGRESSIVE Scrap Challenge

Welcome to the October Progressive Scrap Challenge

hosted by myself, Vicki of Dana's Footprint Digital Design
    and Darlene of Studio4 Designworks .

The object is to complete one page over the course of three weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap and I know lots of you like speed scraps, but may not have the time. So here's how it will work.

On the first of each month, Prompt 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions every 3 days.

The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next prompt. (Once you post a prompt’s results, you’re finished. Don’t change your work for that particular prompt.)

At the end of the third week, you should have a completed page!

It’s fine to start late or catch up if you miss a prompt. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. It’s more fun that way!

I will be giving you a download that consists of either papers or ellies to work with on each prompt. By the end of the Challenge, you will have a great little kit that was created by myself - Darlene (Studio4 Designworks) and Dana of Dana's Footprint Designs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So to recap - here's the order:

1. On the first day of the month we will post Prompt 1. Then, there will be a post every three days with a new prompt.

2. Add only the items listed in the prompt given. You may add/alter shadows at any time.

3. Once you've posted your layout for that particular prompt, it is done and you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous prompt layout following the new step for the next prompt.

4. We will post the prompts sequentially in the thread. If you have missed a prompt, it’s fine to start late or catch up. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one.

5. Post your layouts no later than midnight (EST) of the day before the next step is due - this will be every three days.

6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery HERE.

7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your creations and leave you some love!

8. In lieu of a posting bonus, by the end of the challenge, you will have yourselves a nice little kit.

9. This challenge counts towards the Scrappping 7 Challenge!

Here is the kit you will have by the time you are done. It coordinates with the lovely collab the designers have created this month along with Posting Bonuses for other challenges. You will have a lovely HUGE kit when you are done if you participate in all of the challenges!

Sweater Weather
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by vicki23; 09-30-2013 at 02:16 AM.

ARE YOU ALL READY FOR YOUR FIRST PROMPT?? Here we go . . .

Tuesday, October 1st:

PROMPT 1:

Download the first zip file and pick out 3 papers.
    Download HERE.

Select one paper as your background. Then choose another and cut out the middle leaving no more than a 1/2" border. Select another paper and do the same again, but make this one slightly larger.

Post your first prompt in the gallery and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing!
    Have your layout posted for Prompt One to the gallery by Friday, Oct. 4th, 4pm EST

Prompt 2 will be posted Friday Oct 4th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Friday Oct 5th

PROMPT 2:

Today's download you have a fireplace, chair & frame cluster.
    Download HERE

I want you to create a scene with your fireplace & chair....think about the other elements to come. Use the fireplace once, the chair you may use twice...that is optional. Use the frame cluster once. You may resize the elements to make smaller.

Post your first prompt in the gallery and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing!
    Have your layout posted for Prompt two to the gallery by Wednesday, Oct. 9th, 4pm EST

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PROMPT 3 will be posted Wednesday 9th Oct

PROMPT: 3

[/B]
    Today's download you have a sweater, glass of wine & some wool & needles.
    Download HERE

Use the sweater once, being creative with how you place it, remember we are creating a little scene here. Use the wool once also and the wine glass you may repeat once if you wish. No photos yet.

Have your layout posted for Prompt three to the gallery by Saturday, Oct. 12th, 4pm EST

Prompt: 4 will be posted Saturday Oct 12th

PROMPT: 4

[/B]
    Today's download you have a wine bottle, book frame & paper frame.
    Download HERE

There are two frames in this download, choose one, you will need to have two photos for your page. Add a photo effect to the one in the cluster frame to give it an aged look...a sepia tone or colour overlay. Place your other frame on one edge of your layout add your photo. Place the wine bottle in your "scene".

Have your layout posted for Prompt four to the gallery by Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 4pm EST

Prompt: 5 will be posted Tuesday Oct 15th

PROMPT: 5

[/B]
    Today's download you have leaves, grapes & a swirl.
    Download HERE

With today's elements, I want you to cluster around your frame (not the cluster one) with these, use the leaves twice, and you can duplicate the grapes twice, use the swirl once.

Have your layout posted for Prompt four to the gallery by Friday, Oct. 18th, 4pm EST

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prompt: 6 will be posted Friday Oct 18th

PROMPT: 6

[/B]
    Today's download you have a leaf, doily flower, button & a ribbon.
    Download HERE

With today's elements, you may use the leaf three times, the doily flower 3 times, the button once & the ribbon at least twice clustering them around your frame. You may add a title if you wish, add shadows if you haven't already done so.

Post your last prompt in the gallery and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing!
    Have your layout posted for Prompt six to the gallery by Tuesday, Oct. 22nd, 4pm EST

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by vicki23; 10-18-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Oh, I love the fire!
    After my hot vacation I am s cold in Holland LOL!
    Downloading now, be back as soon as possible
    creative greetings,

Here is my Prompt 1.

I'll be back to start this month's challenge - love the fireplace thanks Vicki and Darlene.

6. Wow! a kit with one of my absolutely favorite wines :) woot woot! lol. Yeah, can't wait to get started!

7. Here is my prompt one. I did a shape cut out...hope it fits into the rules :)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I did read it twice or three times and hope I did it right!

creative greetings,

Here's mine, Vicki and Darlene!
    Thanks for the papers!

cath

prompt 1

Couldn't put description in gallery..problems with me again...
    Thankyou for another amazing collab for the GDS Progressive Challenge. OK!!!! Vicki and Darlene!!!! Had a few goes at what papers in combo I liked so choose these three. But you know how Im a rebel soooo Ive re-read the instructions and there was nothing about rotating the papers. Heres prompt 1.
    link to gallery
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...ompt-1&cat=708