shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GDS Birthday Bash Birthday Card Exchange

GDS Birthday Bash Birthday Card Exchange

Hi Everyone! Welcome to the GDS birthday card exchange! This exchange will run for one week!

Here are the details for this exchange:

What the quick page exchange is all about:
    Each participant will submit a birthday card that is one of these sizes (in inches): 6x4, 4x6, 5.5x4.25, 4.25x5.5. You can submit up to three cards to exchange and you must use GDS products to create them. Your cards can have one photo spot or can just have a birthday greeting. If your cards have photo spots, please make sure the photo area is transparent (like a quick page). You can also leave a place for someone to put their photo on top if you wish, so you don't have to do any cutting.

All participants will receive download links after the end of the exchange to download all of the cards that have been submitted by all participants. You could easily put in 1-3 cards and get back 20+ cards!

How to create your pages:
    * Pages should be created and saved at 300ppi in PNG format (if they have transparent areas) or JPG format (if they do not have transparent areas). If your card has a photo spot, your photo spot should be transparent when you are done. PNG format will retain the transparency. If you need help with this, you can use Andrea Gold's Quick Page Photo cutting styles available HERE.

These styles are non destructive and instantly make a photo into a transparent area.
    * If you are having trouble getting the transparent areas of the photo to work or look right, please ask for help. We have many community members here who are more than willing to help you!
    *A word about shadows...please use them! You can google "digitalscrapbooking shadow tutorial".

How to make previews for the gallery and where to put them:
    *Please make a 600pixel preview for each of your cards and put the word "Preview" over the top of them so no one can steal them out of the gallery!
    * Post your previews of your cards in the Birthday Card Exchange Gallery for everyone to see! This is not the same place as the general quick page exchange gallery.
    *Take a look in the gallery if you have questions about this format.

How to name and upload your files:
    *Please name your cards in the format "username_gdsbdayex_card01". For example, my third quick page for the March 2013 exchange would be called "goldscraps_gdsbdayex_card01.png" or "goldscraps_gdsbdayex_card01.jpg". This will help me to keep all of the files organized and know who has participated so I can send you links to download.
    * Upload your cards to Andrea's drop box here: http://www.dropitto.me/andreagold The password is "ilovescrapbooking" with no quotation marks. This will send your page right to her computer! We do not need you to upload previews, only the actual cards. Upload your quick pages one at a time, making sure to use the file naming procedure above. Please do not zip the files or upload zip files! Put the previews in the gallery only.
    *Submit your cards by the deadline at midnight. Anyone who doesn't submit by this date will not get download links for the entire collection. We will not be waiting for those who have not uploaded yet. I think that will help us to get the final links out fast for everyone to download. :)

Deadline information:
    * Once the exchange is over, I will zip up the submitted cards and the download links will be distributed to participants.

*The deadline for submission is:

Other information:
    * Please post here that you uploaded so we can make sure it came through OK and that we got it.
    *We will keep a list below of who is participating and has uploaded correctly.

List of those who have correctly uploaded cards:
    Bren(brenian4ever)
    Cathy
    Jakrn
    hivart
    Last edited by brenian4ever; 09-15-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Here is my first card...I used the
    GDS 2013 Birthday Collab Kit "True Colors"

Beautiful card Bren! Thanks for hosting the card exchange....I will be back with my card before the deadline!

I'll be back, too, Bren!!
    cath

Here is my card:
    True Colors

Hi Bren!
    Here's mine:

Thanks for hosting!
    cath

Beautiful cards ladies! Thanks for playing along!

Thank you for hosting Bren! I have uploaded to the dropbox. Beautiful cards everyone.

Here's 2 from me..