shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues with saving in CS3

1. Issues with saving in CS3

I'm having a ton of trouble with saving my layout. It took me forever to get it to give me the option to save as a jpg file, and now I can't figure out how to compress it small enough to upload to the gallery.

Maybe on the trial version they don't give all the options? I'm just using this temporarily, so I only have the 30-day trial.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." ~ Miss Piggy
    "This is my family. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good." ~ Stitch

will it give you the save for web option at all?

3. I can see it in the options, but it won't let me use it.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." ~ Miss Piggy
    "This is my family. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good." ~ Stitch

can you just save it as a full size jpeg and use another program to resize it... what did you use before you got CS3?

5. I used a trial of PSE. I'll be getting the full version of PSE at the end of the month, and I had hoped to use this trial of CS3 to tide me over until then.

6. When you use the save for web option do you allow it time to open the next screen? Depending on the size of the file ex. 12x12 @ 300dpi it gives a message the file exceeds ... then it takes a lil bit to open the screen. It also takes longer to open if you have it set to view the 4 windows instead of 2. I also find that sometimes I just have to shut down CS3 or clear the clipboard & stuff to speed it up a lil bit.
    Visit my totally new Blog

7. Unfortunately, Save for Web isn't even an available option. You know how when you click to get the drop down menu, how some of the options are dark and some are lighter? The lighter ones can't be used, and that is how the Save for Web option is appearing to me. It's like it's teasing me.

I guess I'll just have to give up and delete the CS3 trial since I can't really use it. I never meant to keep it anyway, it was just a way to do some scrapping while I waited for my chance to get Elements.

I had the same problem with CS3. I never did figure it out and it messed my computer up bad! I had to go back to CS2. But, see if Adobe has a patch for CS3 on their website. That might help.

9. Or try pressing Alt+Shift+Ctrl+S to see if that brings up the save for web thing. I've never had problems with my CS3 except for lil weird quirky things like it won't let me type & instead cycles through the tools when you press the keys. Do you have the trial or the beta version? Seems like you're having issues I would associate with a buggy beta version. Also check that you are in RGB mode under Image-Mode. Hope you find something & I'll keep looking for you.
    Visit my totally new Blog

10. Thanks for the tips. I'm glad I checked back before deleting it. I'll check for a patch, but I don't know if they would make it available for a trial version. I will also try using the keystroke shortcut to see if that works.

If neither one works, it will be slightly disappointing, but only slightly because I won't have much time for scrapping during the next couple of weeks anyway - we're going out of town and by the time we get back, I'll be able to buy Elements, which I am 100% comfy with.