shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi There!

Question Trying to Learn, Still need help

Web size. Ok, here is my problem. All my SB pages inc. cards are done in my Corel Draw X4 program. I figured out how to save for a JPG (are these suppose to be jpg's or something else?), but I can't figure out (hmmmm) how to get it in an image, for me to upload? Oh, I see below here in typing msg, that I can save as a png, I can try that, perhaps? Aren't pngs bigger files as in bytes then jpg's?

How would I adjust the size of file I would like to upload?

Thanks for the urls, but sorry I have to bug you with more questions. I did watch the video, understood that portion, but I need to save the page first and I'll all confused. I know I've done this before...that was years before, but it seems to have left my memory, so frustrating.

If you can understand what I'm asking (more power to you lol), please respond, thank you!

Many Blessings

I see you got your lovely card uploaded to the gallery! Super card, and love the extraction of the deer.

Looks like you are figuring things out. If you have any further problems give a shout!

I don't use Corel, so can't answer questions about how to resize in it, but I can help with PSE 9 if you need to figure that one out!

welcome to GDS and well done on your achievements- looking forward to your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    I see you got your lovely card uploaded to the gallery! Super card, and love the extraction of the deer.

Looks like you are figuring things out. If you have any further problems give a shout!

I don't use Corel, so can't answer questions about how to resize in it, but I can help with PSE 9 if you need to figure that one out!
    Hi, thanks for your compliment on my "card with sparring bucks. Ahh, I should of guessed your from Australia, from your hat in your picture. LOL. I have a couple of friends from there, also in New Zealand. I'm still learning on how to get around in the forums, so no posts yet for a while. I'm also busy scrapping albums (letter size) for my 2 children and grandchildren. Tonight finished section of "My Childhood Memories" - 21 pages. Hey, I can't help it, it's the writer in me. Never know when to say 'the end'!

Yes I did, it was quite an 'adventure', trying to figure out the resolution and size. Thanks for compliment of 'our' deer, through doing my own searching, making mistakes, and learning how to extract, I think I have it down, using PSE9.
    Ummm...think I responded to yours instead of 'hey ellen', I hope she views what I wrote her. See, I still have a lot to learn here. This afternoon I found a SB page, an 8x8 one, that I did for one of my grandsons, he said he didn't have any photos of himself as a child, so while he and his sister were here for a couple of weeks, I started his 8x8 album, gave him papers, and photos on a DVR so he could perhaps finish the SB.

I think figuring out how to resize/right resolution the card...was a fluke (for the good), because the sb page I found, mentioned above, I'm unable to figure out how to get that resized down enough so I can post it in the gallery, I did it using one of Rossi Designs. So need help with this, if you have time...let me warn you though, like I stated before, I only edit in PSE9, I don't know a thing about layers, masks, well just about everything, so I would need written step by step instructions. So yes, please help me with this 2nd layout I'd like to upload, thank you! Blessings.

Hi, think I clicked on wrong QR in one of my last 2 posts, I deeply apologize, for the 1st one was meant for you, which I wrote:

Hi, thanks for your compliment on my "card with sparring bucks. Ahh, I should of guessed your from Australia, from your hat in your picture. LOL. I have a couple of friends from there, also in New Zealand. I'm still learning on how to get around in the forums, so no posts yet for a while. I'm also busy scrapping albums (letter size) for my 2 children and grandchildren. Tonight finished section of "My Childhood Memories" - 21 pages. Hey, I can't help it, it's the writer in me. Never know when to say 'the end'!

Check out this tutorial.
    http://robyngough.com/2011/09/18/sav...shop-elements/
    There are a couple of things I do before I save for web.

I save my layout as a PSD file in photoshop elements in case I need to make any changes.

Next, I flatten my image, and do save as and save a JPEG file at fill size for printing.

Then I do the save for web which is in the tutorial.

Others may have different ways that they do these steps.
    You will develop your own routine as you learn.

8. Welcome to GDS

I CT for Happy Scrap Arts, Honorary CT Member 4 S2SS & an Advertisting Assistant 4 SNSD ~ "I will love thee, my Lord, as you are my Rock, my fortress, and my deliverer..." Psalm 18 v 1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by RealisticScrapper View Post
    Which forums would you suggest I start with? And thanks for the welcome!
    Start with the challenges here. They are fabulous and a great way to jump in and get to know everyone here. Plus a great way to see all the awesome creations the designers have.

The daily downloads are an amazing way to pick up some fun things for your collection from the designers as well.

Can't wait to get to know you. I am in Utah and have visited Montana.. Love geneology as well:)