shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: August PROGRESSIVE SCRAP Challenge

August PROGRESSIVE SCRAP Challenge

Welcome to the New Progressive Scrap Challenge
    hosted by myself, Vicki of Dana's Footprint Digital Design
    & Darlene of Studio4 Designworks

The object is to complete one page over the course of three weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap and I know lots of you like speed scraps, but may not have the time. So here's how it will work.

On the first of each month, Prompt 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions every 3 days.

The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next prompt. (Once you post a promptís results, youíre finished. Donít change your work for that particular prompt.)

At the end of the third week, you should have a completed page!

Itís fine to start late or catch up if you miss a prompt. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. Itís more fun that way!

I will be giving you a download that consists of either papers or ellies to work with on each prompt. By the end of the Challenge, you will have a great little kit that was created by myself - Vicki of (Dana's Footprint Digital Design) & Darlene (Studio4 Designworks)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So to recap - here's the order:

1. On the first day of the month we will post Prompt 1. Then, there will be a post every three days with a new prompt.

2. Add only the items listed in the prompt given. You may add/alter shadows at any time.

3. Once you've posted your layout for that particular prompt, it is done and you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous prompt layout following the new step for the next prompt.

4. We will post the prompts sequentially in the thread. If you have missed a prompt, itís fine to start late or catch up. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one.

5. Post your layouts no later than midnight (EST) of the day before the next step is due - this will be every three days.

6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery HERE.

7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your creations and leave you some love!

8. In lieu of a posting bonus, by the end of the challenge, you will have yourselves a nice little kit.

9. This challenge counts towards the Scrappping 7 Challenge!

10. Make sure you SAVE your layered PSD/Tiff file as we will have a QP exchange at the end of the Challenge.

Here is the kit you will have by the time you are done. It coordinates with the lovely collab the designers have created this month along with Posting Bonuses for other challenges. You will have a lovely HUGE kit when you are done!

Thursday, 1st Aug:

PROMPT 1: Download the first zip file and pick out 3 papers.
    Download HERE.

Place one as your background, then make each of your other 2 papers smaller than the other..about 1/4". Stack on top of each other, they can be square, angled however you want. Now don't loose the rest of the papers as we will be using them in one of the later prompts.

Post your first prompt in the gallery and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing!

Next Prompt will be Sunday 4th August

Sunday, 4th Aug:

PROMPT 2:
    Download the second zip file HERE.

In this download you have 2 frames, a paint splat and stitching, choose one or both frames and now you can also pick your photos, and place the frames diagonally on the page, one frame being in the top half as well as one in the bottom half of your page. Add your splat and stitching where ever you like.

Next Prompt will be Wednesday 7th August

Wednesday, 7th Aug:

PROMPT 3:
    Download the third zip file HERE.

In this zip you have 2 banners, and a boy and girl, this prompt will be easy, you can only use 1 banner, place it in the top half of your page. You can choose to use either both the boy and girl or just one or the other. Place where ever you like.

Next Prompt will be Sat 10th August

Saturday 10th Aug:

PROMPT 4: Download the fourth zip file HERE.

In today's download you should have 3 flower elements & a bird. Use all the flowers, duplicating the stick flower twice, you may also duplicate the flowers no more that three times if you wish. Place them on or around your frames, you my recolour if you need too, place the bird where ever you choose.

Next prompt Tuesday 13th Aug

Tuesday 13th Aug:

PROMPT 5: Download the fifth zip file HERE.

In today's download you should have 2 ribbons, a kite and a lollypop. You can use one or both ribbons on or around your flowers and frames. Place the kite and lollypop where you choose. You can duplicate the lollypop twice if you like.

Next Prompt Friday 16th Aug

Friday 16th Aug:

PROMPT 6: Download the sixth and last zip file HERE.

In todays file you should have 2 balloons, place each one where you would like them, you may duplicate on of them if you wish. Now remember those papers from the first download? We are going to use them in our title. I want you to create a title for your page and clip one of the papers to ONE word of your title.

Last edited by vicki23; 08-15-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Looks great Vicki - can't wait to get started. It's a long weekend here this weekend, and I have company coming, so I'll have to squeeze it in.

Yay!! Looking forward to this!!
    Sweet kit!

whohohooo this is going to be so much fun... I am in!

Here is my prompt 1

Here's mine:

Wow Tracy & Darlene you were both quick!!

Oh - love the kit we will be playing with - thanks so much Darlene and Vicki:)
    My first prompt:

Gosh!!!I'd better save my spot before anymore quickies get in- keen aren't they Vicki???will be back- looks a fun kit, thankyou Ladies.

Last edited by vicki23; 08-01-2013 at 02:47 AM.

You forgot to post yours here Denise, added it in for you.
    Looking good ladies!!