shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July Progressive Scrap Quick Page Exchange

July Progressive Scrap Quick Page Exchange

Hi to everyone who participated in the July Progressive Scrap Challenge. An absolute beautiful array of pages were created! All starting off with the same prompts and all ending up so deliciously different!

Thank you all so much for participating this month, and we look forward to the August one coming up shortly.

For those of you who may not have finished, try and get them completed and into the gallery as soon as you can. I know I'm one of these - I was away most of the weekend, so I still need to get mine done! Tonight's the night!

We're going to do a Quick Page exchange for those of you who would like to participate. You need to delete your photos and leave openings for other to put their own photos in (make sure you save a "copy" so you don't overwrite your original page). For those of you who don't know how to do it, just let us know and we can show you, it's really quite simple. Make sure you save your page as a "png" file so we can slip our own photos in behind.

Email them to me - avalon44@telus.net by Saturday, July 27th. I will collect them all into a folder and upload them to a storage site where I will then send you the link to download them all.

THANK AGAIN EVERYONE - See you next month!

Emailing mine now..

3. have no idea how to do a quick page :) please let me know. I would love to share mine with others if they want it.

What program do you use TinTin? When I did mine I opened the layered file, removed the photos, used the select tool and selected inside the frames, then hit delete on each paper layer under the frames. Then saved as a png.

Tin Tin - as Vicki asked - what program do you use? There is a way to create a blank area where the photos are. If what Vicki says doesn't work, I can tell you how to do it. But I do work in Photoshop and I'm not sure if it's the same in Elements if that's what you're using.

Vicki - I received you QP - thank you.

I didn't save my last step as psd... so I had to do some editing.

Can anyone tell me why a 12 inch QP saved as .png has to be 37,8 MB?
    Is there a way to make it a smaller size and keep the 3600x3600 300 dpi?

I use photoshop CS6.
    creative greetings,

Els - for some reason .png files are larger than JPEGs. I think it's to do with compression when saving your files. You can compress a JPEG quite a bit which reduces the information of the pixels, but you don't have the same options when saving as a png file.

Okay, thank you!
    I didn't know it it was normal
    Then I will zip it and send to you!
    creative greetings,

QP Exchange

Getting my file ready to send...cannot wait to get all the beautiful QPs from everyone!! This was a gorgeous kit - so colorful! I'm ready to start a project with all the pages to create a book for my sister's new grandbaby. :)

Gorgeous pages everyone!!!
    Sent my .png file Darlene.